Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Arris TG862 & new cordless phone: No Dial Tone...

Regular Visitor

Arris TG862 & new cordless phone: No Dial Tone...

I have the Arris TG862 router, the Vtech digital cordless phone system (model: CS6919), and no dial tone. When I reset & cycle the router, the Tel 1 light comes on for a second, blinks, then goes out.

The only phone jack I have in my house is this router (built in 1943 and puppies ate the plastic phone jack box ~ my husband never replaced it because we have cell phones). I took my phone over to the neighbors: I got a dial tone and was able to use it to make calls.

I've tried both telephone ports to no avail. The only thing I haven't tried is resetting my WiFi information: we have 2 laptops, 2 smartphones, a wireless printer, and a game console that all have no issues with connecting to this router. And the screen on my Vtech phone is just saying, No Dial Tone, it's not asking me for my WiFi info because if that was the case, I wouldn't be typing this post.

I'm beyond irritated with Comcast's tech support at the moment. I sat here from 7:45 pm to 9:29 pm EST looking at a screen that said: Connecting to chat, Your wait time will be aprroximately ZERO minutes... I now have a new Launch screen, and a new home screen, with individually hand picked icons, on my smartphone while I waited for that long zero minutes to go by. Oh and I also reset and cycled my Arris TG862 router about 15+ times too. I gave up on anyone ever entering the chat room with me around 9:29 pm and signed off. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to either try the chat thing again or to call them on my smartphone.

Service Expert

Re: Arris TG862 & new cordless phone: No Dial

batzany wrote:

I have the Arris TG862 router, the Vtech digital cordless phone system (model: CS6919), and no dial tone. When I reset & cycle the router, the Tel 1 light comes on for a second, blinks, then goes out.

The only phone jack I have in my house is this router (built in 1943 and puppies ate the plastic phone jack box ~ my husband never replaced it because we have cell phones). I took my phone over to the neighbors: I got a dial tone and was able to use it to make calls.

I've tried both telephone ports to no avail. The only thing I haven't tried is resetting my WiFi information: we have 2 laptops, 2 smartphones, a wireless printer, and a game console that all have no issues with connecting to this router. And the screen on my Vtech phone is just saying, No Dial Tone, it's not asking me for my WiFi info because if that was the case, I wouldn't be typing this post.

I'm beyond irritated with Comcast's tech support at the moment. I sat here from 7:45 pm to 9:29 pm EST looking at a screen that said: Connecting to chat, Your wait time will be aprroximately ZERO minutes... I now have a new Launch screen, and a new home screen, with individually hand picked icons, on my smartphone while I waited for that long zero minutes to go by. Oh and I also reset and cycled my Arris TG862 router about 15+ times too. I gave up on anyone ever entering the chat room with me around 9:29 pm and signed off. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to either try the chat thing again or to call them on my smartphone.

Couple of questions....    Is this a new install of the TG862G or a new install of the Vtech phone?   If this was a new install, did you activate the PHONE side of the device?  They are not the same!

The TEL1 light should be ON if it is connected to the Voice Network...   your light coming on for a second then going out is signaling an issue with connecting to the Voice Network.

Yes, the Intenet can work just fine if the EMTA side of the device is not activated/working.  

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon