Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Arizona phone and voicemail have incorrect time

Regular Visitor

Arizona phone and voicemail have incorrect time

I live in Arizona. We don't observe Daylight Savings Time (DST). My Xfinity Voice phone (and all of my friends who have the service) switches the time display when DST begins causing all phones to show the incorrect time. It has nothing to do with the phones themselves. I can program them to any random time, but as soon as a call comes in, they reset to 1 hour ahead of local time. During the winter when DST is not active, they display the correct Mountain Standard Time. They should stay on the same time all year round (Arizona never changes from Mountain Standard Time), but they do not. I have called in this problem every year that I have had the Voice service (5+), and each year, I am told it will be fixed. It has never been fixed. Can any Comcast employee make the fix universal for all those that live in Arizona? The same problem affects voicemail, too. All messages received while DST is active have a timestamp that is 1 hour ahead of when the message actually came in. That confirms that it's not an issue with anyone's phones themselves; it's an issue with the Xfinity Voice time zone system. Please help!