Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Are there phones out there that have message indicator for Comcast voice message?

Regular Visitor

Are there phones out there that have message indicator for Comcast voice message?

Are there any phones that will have a visual indicator that I have a VM in my Comcast mailbox?

My Panasonic does not do it. It has a light for messages stored on the phone answering machine but not for messages left on my Comcast mailbox.
Email Expert

Re: Are there phones out there that have message indicator for Comcast voice message?

I think any phone with a standard Message Waiting Indicator should work. I checked Comcast's FAQs on compatible equipment, and they don't go into detail about MWI compatibility, just general phone and fax machines.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Are there phones out there that have message indicator for Comcast voice message?

Most newer cordless phones, particularly those that use the DECT standard, support this.  I picked up a package of 3 Panasonic DECT 6.0 phones last year @ Costco similar to these: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11294885&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79&N=4001437&Mo...=

I bought them as the set was cheaper than buying new batteries for 2 of my old cordless phones.  One nice thing was it uses 1.9GHz, and so is not on the same frequency as my home LAN (WiFi).

You can see in the feature list that they offer "VM/Message Alert (Indicator/LED)."  I am not sure, but I think I had to go into the menu system on the phone's settings and turn the feature on.  Then a light on top of the handset flashes when I have a message (in addition to stutter dial tone when I pick up the line).  YMMV.

JL 
JL
Internet Services

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon