Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Any Philadelphia Users?

Regular Contributor

Any Philadelphia Users?

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of ditching Verizon for Comcast Digital Voice.  I would like to hear from people in my area to find out their likes, dislikes and any problems you have had.

I want to do my "homework" before I make a final decision.

Thanks.

Contributor

Re: Any Philadelphia Users?

Philly area user here.  I have no complaints at all about CDV.  I have a louder, cleaner line than I did with Verizon.
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I'm just a little nervous about switching.  Here's hoping I can hear from a few more people.
Contributor

I'm from the Delaware County area. I switched from Verizon to CDV last Fall so I've had the service now for about 9 months. The first 3-4 months were absolutely horrible - almost to a point where I wanted to switch back to Verizon. People trying to call me could not reach me and kept getting a message that the service was unavailable and to try their call again later. I also had issues with no voice mail at least two or 3 times as well as voice clarity.

It was very frustrating but I kept persistent with it and kept calling Comcast as well as posting to this forum and slowly but surely, my issues were resolved. Comcast was very willing to credit me for loss of service as necessary and tried their best to make things right. I am happy to say that I haven't experienced any issues within the past few months and am truly hoping that all the issues are behind me now.

Honestly, the Verizon service may be a bit more reliable but I switched for 2 reasons -(1) they were about $15-$20 more per month for comparable service and (2) I had several run-ins with their customer service department when I lost service and it took almost a week to get the service restored. They were not apologetic and could have cared less if moved my service to another provider. So guess what? I did!

Hope this helps.
Most Valued Poster

I'm near Cherry Hill, NJ.  I switched several months ago.  Worked like a charm.  I switched because it was cheaper, and now I find myself using some of the other free features that you need to pay to use with Verizon.  I love call forwarding!

I can't comment on the voicemail.  I decided to have them turn off voicemail so that I could continue to use my normal answering machine.

ProudAmerican wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of ditching Verizon for Comcast Digital Voice.  I would like to hear from people in my area to find out their likes, dislikes and any problems you have had.

I want to do my "homework" before I make a final decision.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

I really appreciate everyone's input.  If it weren't for my 80-yr old mom, I would make the switch today.  Seems she gets frustrated easily now.  I'm just so afraid of having problems. 

Maybe I can talk with her some more about the switch.  If I do switch to Comcast, I can save because of the 3 for 3 or whatever it is called. 

Again, thanks so much for all your honest input.

Frequent Visitor

I'm in Bucks County....Got CDV about three months ago as part of the Triple play package. No problems so far. In my case, CDV had more features for less money.
Regular Visitor

I want to thank all of you for your input.  It helped me to finally come to a decision ...... Yes, I chose the Triple Play package and now have Comcast as my phone provider.

The installation went well on Tuesday, the techs were great.  Mom even had them call me at the office and answered all my questions.  When I didn't understand something, they were more than happy to clarify.

Today is Thursday and the service is working well with no problems.  After reading some of the posts about the donotcall; I went in and re-registered my number.  An ounce of prevention ......

Again, thanks everyone!
New Poster

The 3 for 3 you reference is called the Triple Play.

ProudAmerican wrote:
I really appreciate everyone's input.  If it weren't for my 80-yr old mom, I would make the switch today.  Seems she gets frustrated easily now.  I'm just so afraid of having problems. 

Maybe I can talk with her some more about the switch.  If I do switch to Comcast, I can save because of the 3 for 3 or whatever it is called. 

Again, thanks so much for all your honest input.