Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Answering machine

New Poster

Answering machine

Wanted my messages on my answering machine, so I discontinued comcast voice mail. Now voice mail answers and says not in service, but answering machine not picking up messages. Why is this?

Service Expert

Re: Answering machine

ak22 wrote:

Wanted my messages on my answering machine, so I discontinued comcast voice mail. Now voice mail answers and says not in service, but answering machine not picking up messages. Why is this?

On your answering machine, make sure you set the number of rings to 3 or 4....  It is also quite possible that some backend automated system is forwarding your calls to the Comcast VM system that you have disabled...   If lowering the number of rings on your personal answering machine does not fix the issue, you may need to call into Comcast and have them ensure that your VM is disabled and that NO forwaridng will take place if your answering machine is not kicking on to receive the message.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon