Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Annoying call with hacked Caller ID?

Frequent Visitor

Annoying call with hacked Caller ID?

We have been getting an annoying call from 304.743.8823 for several YEARS now.  The last, were on 8/14/15 and 8/17/15 and the Caller ID shown was for a name, which differs only my the middle initial, for one of our grown sons.  We have no idea how he was able to get the Caller ID to show that name, as we usually just hang up on him and maybe he thought we'd talk if we thought it was our son calling instead of that jerk.  

I think the guy may have a Certified Microsoft Technician ticket and he's fishing for business as he always says that he' noticed that our PC is having problems but that he can fix them for us! We've asked him to remove us from his call list "n" times and we're registered with the No Call boards. 

Can Comcast Voice do anything about such a nuisance? 

Thanks for any suggestions, 

Irate Comcast voice user. 

Service Expert

Re: Annoying call with hacked Caller ID?

dufus_guy wrote:

We have been getting an annoying call from 304.743.8823 for several YEARS now.  The last, were on 8/14/15 and 8/17/15 and the Caller ID shown was for a name, which differs only my the middle initial, for one of our grown sons.  We have no idea how he was able to get the Caller ID to show that name, as we usually just hang up on him and maybe he thought we'd talk if we thought it was our son calling instead of that jerk.  

I think the guy may have a Certified Microsoft Technician ticket and he's fishing for business as he always says that he' noticed that our PC is having problems but that he can fix them for us! We've asked him to remove us from his call list "n" times and we're registered with the No Call boards. 

Can Comcast Voice do anything about such a nuisance? 

Thanks for any suggestions, 

Irate Comcast voice user. 

Since that number is properly formatted, you can do the following... goto:  https://pf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusPref/prefs/voice

You must be logged in to your primary account for the above link to work.

Click on Call Blocking

Enter the phone number on that page.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon