Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

All incoming calls come up as "out of area" and "private" calls.

New Poster

All incoming calls come up as "out of area" and "private" calls.

We recently just got Comcast for our home phone service and we got Caller ID with the plan. For every incoming phone call it shows up as "out of area", "private" caller. It does not matter who is trying to call because we have tested it using our cell phones. I know another person that has the same calling plan as us and has never had a problem with this. All their calls tell who it is whether is it a cell phone, another home phone, or a "800 Service" call. What has to be done so we can actually see who is calling? Even the numbers that are programed in out home phone contact lists do not show up.  Please help!

New Poster

Re: All incoming calls come up as "out of area" and "private" cal

Exact same issue here. It was fine until I upgraded our modem to the new DOCSIS3.0 for faster internet speed. No other issues, just no more Caller ID.

New Poster

Having the same problem, got a new modem, voice, internet and tv and don't get caller id. Always shows up as private number, even from numbers we have programmed into the phone. Help, I screen all my calls and I want my caller id back!

New Poster

Exact same issue, new moden, no caller ID, just "out of area private caller". have been on phone with them and they think issue is at their end. we will see, they are working overnight on it and gonna have a tech call back in morning. Make sure you call in the support so they know you all have the issue too. 

New Poster

ALL FIXED, I got to admit, the call to support helped and it is already fixed within the hour. Gotta say Good Job

New Poster

So I guess I should call them for it to get fixed.  I wish they would just update everyones!!!

Service Expert

earwood0199 wrote:

So I guess I should call them for it to get fixed.  I wish they would just update everyones!!!

Not every account is the same....  every single account must have its own provisioned codes for the packages/options/setup that is being purchased from Comcast...

It is alweays best to call into Comcast to ensure your account is provisioned correctly.... 

-=Geek=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon