Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

All calls going to voice mail

New Poster

All calls going to voice mail

I have reported the problem and am still waiting for the voice mail to be disconnected. It has been over 48 hours. All calls are going to voice mail. I tried to extend the pickup rings to 9 and it still picks up right away. This is the third time it has happened!!!  The customer should have the availability to setup or remove the voice mail. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: All calls going to voice mail

Just like a cell phone, if calls are going direct to VM then the device is not communicating with the network. 

Translation: modem is most likely offline. Check your connections, splitters, amps if any, else you may need a tech.

Frequent Visitor

Im having the same prob for the last 2 days. And I cant get dial tone so I cant use my land line at all.
This has been happening since the service outage on Wed.
New Poster

Apparently, this must be a COMCAST problem.  Just had an outage and the phone has no dial tone and when you speak to @10 minutes, they have you do all modem things and try calling you on it;  hmmm, seems to be an issue for them when there is an outage.  I'm waiting for a technician sometime in a 4 hour span;  can't wait to see if he can fix it!!

New Poster

Triple play, computer, tv all working fine;  modem rebooted with on line comcast tech.  Problem not solved. 

Silver Problem Solver

candyo625 wrote:

Apparently, this must be a COMCAST problem.  

RIght, because splitters or wires inside the house never ever ever go bad. Right?

Frequent Visitor

Yeah, im sure all of our splitters and wires in all of our houses just happened to go bad on the same day.
New Poster

I have asked for voicemail to be removed from my service every since my service started with comcast. It has been an on going struggle going on 2 months now. I am so discusted with the service I am thinking seriously of discontinuing it. I make the phone call and get to talk with someone in the Philippines, that most of the time, has such an accent that I can hardly understand. Whatever happened to having people in our own country answering and helping us? Anyway, I am told voicemail will be removed within 24 - 72 hrs. It may be off for a day or 2, then it's back on again.The phone doesn't even ring when your voicemail is on, it just goes directly to voicemail.  I can't access the message and the number doesn't show up on caller ID. What seems to be the problem with getting voicemail removed permanently? I have my own voicemail recorder and prefer it to yours. And yes, I did try yours, I like mine better. Now I can't even get you on the phone. Some problem there? Hmmm! The last ticket # I saved because each time I thought problem was solved, but no, 2 days later here it is AGAIN! Ticket # CR384247239. PLEASE PERMANENTLY REMOVE YOUR VOICEMAIL FROM MY PHONE SERVICE THIS TIME.

Frequent Visitor

I finally broke down and called Comcast today. They were able to come out today and ended up having to change out the box. Something about updates knocking out the older boxes with a battery, like we had. Now all is working. I was disonnected 3x when calling but after all that, the 2 guys that came out were the nicest Comcast people Ive ever dealt with.