Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

All Systems DEAD!

New Poster

All Systems DEAD!

Nice feature with this digital phone is when cable is out and you lose power you lose your phone also. this is unacceptable.

We are now 2 days with no Cable TV, no Internet and no telephone.

Hello Verizon!
Security Expert

Re: All Systems DEAD!

Unhappywithcc wrote:
Nice feature with this digital phone is when cable is out and you lose power you lose your phone also. this is unacceptable.

We are now 2 days with no Cable TV, no Internet and no telephone.

Hello Verizon!

Let me guess... You live in Houston?
TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Good Morning Unhapywitchcc,

I apologize for the unacceptable timeframe in which your home has endured this outage. I will have our regional contacts review this further and contact you with a possilbe ETR.
George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

If something is connected to a power outlet, or to another device that connects to the outlet, of course you lose service when the power goes out.

I can only offer this for you: from Comcast FAQ:

Q: If the cable goes out, will my phone go out too?

A: No. Comcast uses the power of broadband to deliver Comcast Digital Voice, cable television, and High-Speed Internet services to our customers over a single coaxial cable. To ensure reliability, these services function independently of each other, so if one Comcast service is affected, it does not necessarily mean your other Comcast services will be affected. But is a storm or accident knocks out our network, then muliple services may be affected.

Of course, there are times when something will affect the entire network.

And if you do live in an area affected by Hurricane Ike, it may not be a simple matter of sending someone to repair lines. A large area was affected, and it takes time to get everything put back together. You can complain all you want, but it won't get the repairs done any faster.  Crews work around the clock, doing the best they can to get everything back up.

Message Edited by evie210 on 09-16-2008 11:13 AM
New Poster

Not Houston, Pittsburgh!

Power has been back up since last night.....and we have a home generator and never lost power.

Power is back for 24 hours and still no telephone service, no Cable TV and no internet.

In 50 years I never had this happen with POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service).

The local service folks called my home number...to leave a message asking if my service was still down.....DUH how was I supposed to get the call?

They asked me why I didn't have a cell phone for "back-up".

Comcast has pulled a fast one on me with their Digital phone service. It is a fragile technology unacceptable as a replacement for phone service.
Most Valued Poster

We usually start getting the same complaints after severe weather.
SOP is to ask if they were affected by Hurricane whatever or any other severe weather.
And often the answer is yes to the weather.
That's why the song and dance about Hurricane Ike.

What has me shaking my head is Comcast calling you about the service.
I guess in this day and age, so many people have cell phones it might not occur to them that there are those who don't have one.

I hope your issues get resolved soon.
New Poster

I have been a CC subscriber since the service here in Pawling NY became theirs. I took a cold call from a sales person in late August and signed up for digital voice, so we could save a few bucks a month for gas money. The appointment date was set, I took a day off from work, waited 8 hours fon a no show. Called your lovely "customer service," was told the day was switched without telling me. This was my first indication that I had made a HUGE MISTAKE.
Next week, waited again for tech who came at last possible moment. 2 new modems later and 1 hour on his phone with tech support, he leaves with my phone line DEAD with a promise that service will start in the morning between 7:30-8 AM.
Next day, 11:00 am, OF COURSE, ANOTHER **bleep**ED LIE. I go to work to call lovely "customer service" somewhere in the U.S, who tells me:
1. The tech never should have promised service.
2. It takes 4 DAYS to switch your number (First I ever heard this...great sales reps you guys have)
3: Your new modem is stuck in "battery test mode," go home and try this yourself with instructions about removing the battery.
OF COURSE, MORE **bleep**ED LIES.
Next day, I go to work, call lovely "customer service," ask directly for a supervisor who tells me he can't do anything until today between 8 AM and 12 noon.
I presently wait for MORE LIES. At exactly one minute past noon today, I am CANCELLING everything if this is not fixed. I will get the $40 coupon for a digital box & throw an antenna on my roof, and call Verizon for phone. PLUS:
1. I will spend my own money for signs telling all in town about how bad Comcast service REALLY IS.
2. I will lobby to get you guys cited by the NYS Attorney General for suspicious busniess practices.
3. Drive around with signs advertising the website ComcastSucks.org so EVERYONE can read about how bad you treat people.