Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Frequent Visitor

How can i check to see if my internet based phone number from Comcast is "registered" in the local 911 database so that the correct location is transmitted?
Regular Contributor

Re: 911

The FCC mandates that before Comcast can activate a new customer’s VOIP service, Comcast must obtain from the customer the physical location at which the service will first be used, so that emergency services personnel will be will be able to locate any customer dialing 911. Just keep the address associated with the phone number up to date and you should be fine.

Regular Contributor

I just realized, I didn't really answer your question. Someone else with more knowledge is sure to pipe up so keep checking back....

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Seems to me when I used Vonage, they had a link where one could check for proper address association. 'Guess I'll have to trust that FCC rules are followed or else call 911 and ask them ........

New Poster

99.9% of the calls that come to my comcast land line are telemarketers, survey companies or political campaign calls who call from early morning into the late evening. I only keep the phone in case I need to make a 911 call. Everyone I want to speak with calls my cell phone. Is there a way to turn off the ringer so I won't even know that the phone is ringing? I have already registered for the DoNotCall list and have blocked anonymous phone numbers as well. Any other suggestions to eliminate unwanted phone calls? Thank you.

Service Expert

pgan wrote:

99.9% of the calls that come to my comcast land line are telemarketers, survey companies or political campaign calls who call from early morning into the late evening. I only keep the phone in case I need to make a 911 call. Everyone I want to speak with calls my cell phone. Is there a way to turn off the ringer so I won't even know that the phone is ringing? I have already registered for the DoNotCall list and have blocked anonymous phone numbers as well. Any other suggestions to eliminate unwanted phone calls? Thank you.

Fir the ringer issue, you will need to find a setting within the actual phone that will MUTE the ringer...   For another call blocking servce that does work with CDV, you can visit www.nomorobo.com and see if that will help you.   I use it myself.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon