Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Frequent Visitor

A number that shows as "Not Available"  "15-001-2015" on caller ID calls up to several times a day for the last couple weeks. If I answer I get some slight noise and a recording saying "GoodBye" as it disconnects.

Anonymous call rejection doesn't work, trying ot block that specific number doesn't work, and using *69 to call them back doesn't work.  My number is  on the Federal "Do Not Call" list but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

How do I resolve the issue or get the problem reported to the appropriate party for action? I can't seem to find a place to report the issue to Comcast.

Service Expert

Re: 50012015

JohnUS wrote:

A number that shows as "Not Available"  "15-001-2015" on caller ID calls up to several times a day for the last couple weeks. If I answer I get some slight noise and a recording saying "GoodBye" as it disconnects.

Anonymous call rejection doesn't work, trying ot block that specific number doesn't work, and using *69 to call them back doesn't work.  My number is  on the Federal "Do Not Call" list but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

How do I resolve the issue or get the problem reported to the appropriate party for action? I can't seem to find a place to report the issue to Comcast.

Comcast cannot prevent thatnumber from calling you.... it is being spoofed.

You may want to click here:    https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Additionally, if that number is in nomorobo's database of spammers, they can block the call if you use their service ( www.nomorobo.com ) but the spammers usually just pick a new number to spoof when they get so many denials...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you Ray. Following your suggestion I signed up with NoMoRobo.com and filed a complaint with the FCC.

Interestingly, both NoMoRobo and the FCC are only set up to take caller ID info in the 10 digit xxx-xxx-xxxx format. Guess the caller has that figured out.

I'll have to wait and see if NoMoRobo works, but I was able to input the bogus number in the FCC's comment box.

Thanks for the help.

Service Expert

JohnUS wrote:

Thank you Ray. Following your suggestion I signed up with NoMoRobo.com and filed a complaint with the FCC.

Interestingly, both NoMoRobo and the FCC are only set up to take caller ID info in the 10 digit xxx-xxx-xxxx format. Guess the caller has that figured out.

I'll have to wait and see if NoMoRobo works, but I was able to input the bogus number in the FCC's comment box.

Thanks for the help.

You're welcome!  

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

My complaint to the FCC was somewhat less than helpful. This is the email response I received:

Your complaint provides the Commission with valuable information that we use to spot trends and practices that warrant investigation and enforcement action. We do not resolve individual complaints about this issue and, there will be no status information to report on your complaint.

Your complaint was closed as of today. The information you provided us will continue to be available internally within the FCC to inform the Commission’s enforcement and policymaking processes.

Thank you for your complaint and help in furthering the FCC’s mission on behalf of consumers.

So much for Do Not Call violations and harrassing Robo calls being aggressively pursued by our regulators in Washington "on our behalf".

Service Expert

JohnUS wrote:

My complaint to the FCC was somewhat less than helpful. This is the email response I received:

Your complaint provides the Commission with valuable information that we use to spot trends and practices that warrant investigation and enforcement action. We do not resolve individual complaints about this issue and, there will be no status information to report on your complaint.

Your complaint was closed as of today. The information you provided us will continue to be available internally within the FCC to inform the Commission’s enforcement and policymaking processes.

Thank you for your complaint and help in furthering the FCC’s mission on behalf of consumers.

So much for Do Not Call violations and harrassing Robo calls being aggressively pursued by our regulators in Washington "on our behalf".

I know....   Until the FCC mandates rules for all phone providers, this will not stop.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

NoMoRobo may have done the trick. Those calls seem to have abated. It'll be interesting to see if it continues to work.

Thanks