members

online now

discussions

3 weeks trying to get phone service

New Poster

3 weeks trying to get phone service

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

I have now been trying for close to 5 weeks to get phone service with Comcast. I have spent HOURS on the phone with your support division and been promised several calls back. I still don’t have a phone line with you and each time I call I am told that my request has been “escalated”.

It blows my mind how awful the service is from Comcast and how you manage to still have so much business. Then I do some research online and see that your service is notorious for being awful and the reason you remain successful is because you are basically a monopoly.

It is so disappointing that in todays America a company can get away with service like this. I am asking for a service, willing to pay for it and not a single person in your company can help me. 

I had Comcast for years at my previous home. I was advised when I called the special moving department to bring all my equipment to the Comcast store in Boca, close out the account and start again. After waiting 1.5 hours in line to do so, I was told that was not the right thing to do and they should have advised me to TRANSFER. I then found out that the order I had made 3 weeks in advance of my move was never put through properly from the Comcast agent.

I went without cable and internet for close to a week. Finally when the TV and internet were working I tried to get my phone service back and with my old number. You would think I was trying to get clearance to the Pentagon. I have spoken to close to 10 different people in different departments, been told they will call back and of course none ever do and here I am without a land line.

I would hope that someone, who knows what they are doing and has some authority will call me so I can simply get my phone number back which I was told can be done because I am still in the same service area for the number. Comcast owns the number and it can be done, it simply needs a competent soul who can help me.

I am waiting for help, but no longer holding my breath as I have learned all too well how Comcast treats its customers.

I hope more competition enters the market soon but it appears that is not a realistic expectation so I will remain frustrated and disappointed with the lack of options and have to put up with this nonsense.

Ryan  

New Poster

Re: 3 weeks trying to get phone service

i have been waiting two weeks!!!

Frequent Visitor

Re: 3 weeks trying to get phone service

please email us details and account info at we_can_help@comcast.com and we will look into this.