Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

2nd line ported from voip

Regular Visitor

2nd line ported from voip

I have a comcast phone with triple play but am in the process of porting my home voip phone over.    The home phone is right now on a separate modem and I would like to move it over to the Arris TM 722G/CT8.   So far no luck on when the port happens nor how to move the phone to the Arris when the port happens (it's been 2 weeks so far).  so the questions are:

How can I tell when it gets ported so I can cancel with the old voip provider (I'm getting billed from both right now)?

How can the ported phone be activated on the 2nd input to the Arris?

Cable Expert

Re: 2nd line ported from voip

This is a community user to user forum, there is no one from Comcast to help get your number ported over.

You can email to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and they will get in touch with the right people.

One reason might be that number on the VOIP line might not be in your local rate center for your location.  Comcast usually will not port or can't port a number over it it's in a different rate center.

Another reason might be the VOIP provider is being difficult on getting the number ported over.  It might end up that you will not get that number moved to your second line no matter what.  

Email to the team and wait for a response to the real reason why the port is delayed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon