New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

2 weeks later and phone is STILL NOT PORTED

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

2 weeks later and phone is STILL NOT PORTED

Upgraded to Triple Play 2 weeks ago. Comcast came and installed everything, only to find that someone in the back office ported an INCORRECT number. The number they ported to us was not our number and was not even an exchange in our town.

Fast forward 2 weeks and 6 hours on the phone to Comcast later and we STILL DO NOT HAVE PHONE SERVICE at home. I have had to keep my ATT phone active and am PAYING FOR 2 PHONE SERVICES. I have been promised 3 different dates where my "issue" will be resolved.

The latest was to port it yesterday. Obviously that did nto happen. I have been on hold for 53 minutes so far THIS TIME... and still no resolution. Just plenty of empty promises.

If this is how Comcast treats NEW customers, I am not sure we will stay... I would hate to see how they treat the ones they already have.

I have become irrationally furious over this.... WHY IS IT UP TO ME TO FOLLOW UP on this... why can't COMCAST CALL ME??????????????   

Who can I call..... I am sick of the 1800comcast help...nothing changes... and I waste more time. If I look at my Voicemail online, there are actually THREE (3) numbers listed there... waht gives. WHERE IS MY PHONE!!!

Accepted Solution

Re: 2 weeks later and phone is STILL NOT PORTED

Finally fixed. Whew. Now to figure out how to set up voice mail! LOL

The last round of Comcast people were fantastic... Glad it is over.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

So far .. have been on hold for 1 hour 13 minutes... and it has been 34 minutes since the agent checked on me.... nice.

Frequent Visitor

She asked me to hold.. for 25 minutes. then came back and asked me to hold again. I have been doing so for 40 minutes.

i REFUSE to hang up.. even though I know that is what she wants.

Frequent Visitor

Finally came back to me. Claimed I needed to hang up, go out the the ATT box, unplug it and plug myhome phone into the Comcast box/jack. Done. Called myself and the INCORRECT number is still linked to that account. They have said a Level 2 tech will call me but to leave the phone plugged into the Comcast jack... not sure how they will call me as the phone number is WRONG...... this should be interesting. I do NOT believe anyone will call me. I am sure I will have to go through this again. That would make over 8 hours on phoe calls and hold. Nice. Really unhappy I chose to switch. I should have known better.
Frequent Visitor

Surprise.. no one called.  Had to call back and start all over with a different tech... who said she didn't know what a Level 2 tech was.... has conferenced me into "activation" line....unable to be completed...

Frequent Visitor

Finally fixed. Whew. Now to figure out how to set up voice mail! LOL

The last round of Comcast people were fantastic... Glad it is over.