Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

2-Line Installation Questions

New Poster

2-Line Installation Questions

I currently have Comcast Internet and TV.  I am interested in adding Comcast Digital Voice ("CDV") as part of a Triple Play package.  Now I have 2 Verizon POTS lines coming into my house for phone service and 3 2-line phones.  [On 2 of the existing phones, both numbers come from a  single wall jack using a single 4-prong RJ cable.  On the third existing phone, each number comes from a separate jack in the same outlet using 2 4-prong RJ cables.]  I want to port 1 of the existing Verizon POTS nubmers to CDV and keep the other Verizon POTS line with Verizon.  In reviewing Comcast site and posts, if I keep 1 existing Verizon POTS line on my existing inside wiring, I don't think I can add the CDV line as the second line using the inside wiring and, as a result, I don't think I can use my 3 existing 2-line phones to get both Verizon POTS and CDV service.  Is that right?  If that is right, can anyone suggest a way to get CDV for the second line while maintaining Verizon POTS on the first line (without having to bypass my existing inside wiring and buying new, separate phones for the CDV line)?  Please help.

Cable Expert

Re: 2-Line Installation Questions

Sure, it's totally doable. You don't need to change your inside wring. The install might drive your tech mildly insane tho Smiley Happy, you should expect your installation to be several hours. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: 2-Line Installation Questions

Thanks, I, will start the process with Comcast.