Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

12 blocked calls max

New Poster

12 blocked calls max

Is there any way to increase the number of blocked calls through Comcast? I just blocked a scam call about my computer and I had to delete another number since I already had 12 numbers listed...

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 12 blocked calls max

It says 25 but only accepts 12.  So no.

You could always use a device like CPR Call blocker. It blocks everything you don't want.  I bought one and have not gotten more than 2 that got thru in the past 6 months and so I just added them to its block list.

http://www.cprcallblocker.com/

New Poster

Thanks for the info. I will consider getting one of the blocker units. Not sure why being on the national and my state "do not call" list isn't stopping these guys! Very frustrating! 

Contributor

My block list was full and I was deleteing as new problems popped-up, when I went to the list today I noticed it said 25 max.  I added two and it registered them.  Will see if it works.

I'm in the Atlanta area.

Contributor

The web is full of comments about how this and other blockers use to work.

The protocol changed, now the same ones stopped working.

There is currently no 3rd party blocker that works.

Is Comcast claiming this device will work with Comcast? 

Comcast never answerd the question about upgrading the Comcast 12 Call blocks.

We have over 30 certified SPAM callers calling our Comcast land-line. 

The web site MrNumber.com can certify what is a spam call. 

MrNumber works on Cell phones for free. 

Comcast charges for phone service. Why can't Comcast offer more than 12 numbers?

Tags (4)
Contributor

I should have read the last post, did Comcast expand the Blocked caller list to 25?

Is this standard or do we need to call Comcast support to receive this needed service?

Contributor

Just go to the call blocking page at CC and see if it says max 25 at the top of your list. Also check out the messages here about nomorobo.com. It's working great for me. I have even submitted a number to be added to their black list and they did. One thing Ma Bell did right was to "retire" cancelled accounts phone number for a while before reusing them. Comcast does not and I still receive calls from legit people looking for the previous holder of my number. Unfortunately he was a dead-beat and owes a lot of people. Got an automated one today that gave me his name and social security number! Too bad they had no way to reach a live operator, the ones I have talked to have not called back.