New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

what is wpa passphrase??

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 1 of 5 (19,359 Views)

what is wpa passphrase??

what is wpa passphrase and how do i find out where this info is? i want to have internet on my tv and its asking that!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 4 of 5 (20,403 Views)

Re: what is wpa passphrase??

WPA is a wireless encryption format and the passphrase is in the wireless security section of your router.

Here is a link to one of the Sticky topics at the top of this forkum that should be of assistance.

How-to-Secure-a-Wireless-Router

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 2 of 5 (19,357 Views)

moparracer wrote:

what is wpa passphrase and how do i find out where this info is? i want to have internet on my tv and its asking that!

This is a Comcast user to user forum, and as such does not really deal with WPA, which is a security feature of a LAN (wi-fi if you will).  You should be checking a combination of your Router and TV documentation.

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 3 of 5 (19,345 Views)

You may have to log in to your router's user interface pages to see it if is has been changed.

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 4 of 5 (20,404 Views)

WPA is a wireless encryption format and the passphrase is in the wireless security section of your router.

Here is a link to one of the Sticky topics at the top of this forkum that should be of assistance.

How-to-Secure-a-Wireless-Router

Posted by
Regular Contributor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 5 of 5 (19,298 Views)

If you have a wireless gateway from Comcast and the password hasn't been changed there will be a sticker on the bottom of the device that lists the passphrase you need.  It will be a long string of letters and numbers that is case sensitive.  

-->