Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Accepted Solution

arris tm822

i hooked up the new arris tm822 and all lights are green but the link lightwhich flashes amber can anyone tell me why

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: arris tm822

It just means that whatever you are connected to by ethernet, has a 10/100 ethernet connection. When connected to a 10/100/1000, in other words a GB connection it will flash green.

It won't effect your internet speed, unless you are on the extreme 105 tier or higher.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

thank you!

Posted by
Official Employee

If you have anymore issue or question please repost if not it is great appreciated if you mark as solution on the post that help you resolve your issue.

Thank you

Comcastmattv
Posted by
Connection Expert

Is that really an "issue" ?

Posted by
Visitor

I would have expected the Comcast people @ the 1-800 number to have explained why the LINK light flashes when connected to my Linksys WRT160N router... thank you...

Can you answer this question??? Would it be advisable to update my router to a Gigabit to match the Comcast provided TM822???

Posted by
Networking Expert

If you are not seeing any issues with your current router, and you are not on the 105 Mb speed tier, then there is probably no reason to upgrade your router. The router and modem will negotiate the correct link speed between them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions
Posted by
Visitor

Thanks for that information, you provided answers that I have not seen in other posts.

Next question? Now I have this Gigabit modem connected to my aging PC through my WRT160N router, the bandwidth is still 100M, so why do website seem to use more of my 2G RAM than before installing the Gigabit modem?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments