Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Posted by
Contributor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Router IP Address

I need to change the private subnet address on our router because it conflicts with the address for another network I access via a VPN.   Can anyone tell me how to do this or do I have to call Comcast support?  (Our equipment is all provided by Comcast.   Thanks.
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Router IP Address

klmel wrote:
I need to change the private subnet address on our router because it conflicts with the address for another network I access via a VPN.   Can anyone tell me how to do this or do I have to call Comcast support?  (Our equipment is all provided by Comcast.   Thanks.

You are paying extra for Comcast's networking service and related support, call them. Many of us here would ask why you are paying for this service when you can buy your own router, configure it yourself, and stop paying extra for Comcast's networking service.

Posted by
Email Expert

Re: Router IP Address

What model gateway do you have?  I'll assume it's a WCG200.

Connect to the gateway at http://192.168.0.1. I think the default password is "1234". On the Setup tab, you should be able to fill in the Gateway IP to change it to a different subnet.

After you save the settings, you'll need to release and renew DHCP on your PCs.