Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

home security camera responsiveness and automation

New Poster

home security camera responsiveness and automation

I am beyond disapointed with the 6 cameras I had installed. You cannot really do anything with them, unless you pay the ridiculous $10 per mont for 24/7 recording. 

The cameras obviously pick up movement... why cant we set automation to only record on movement?

You cannot use them for monitoring. The apps and website time out, take forever to connect if they ever do. You constantly have to reboot the system.

The ability to check the camera's via X1 is laughable. Takes minutes to connect and the cameras are on a 4-10 second delay. 

For the money I spent I could have had a professional system installed that actually recorded and was easy to monitor. Extremely disapointed. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: home security camera responsiveness and automation

I very much agree. I wouldn't mind paying the $10 / month if it was for ALL cameras - but $10 / month PER camera is a little ridiculous.

I also agree motion should record 15 second clips regardless if you pay for 24/7 monitoring. Maybe if enough people boycott the additional fees they will change their policy someday.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation