Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Purchasing Xfinity Home branded equipment used

New Poster

Purchasing Xfinity Home branded equipment used

Hi all. I searched but found no answer. 

I currently have the security system installed. Currently have 5 door/window sensors. I'm looking at adding a few more as well as a smoke detector. 

I have a friend that has cancelled his Xfinity service and was left with the sensors. Can I use those myself? Same goes for buying a smoke detector used such as on ebay.. I am aware it will require a truck roll and have no problem paying that. 

Thanks in advance.

Expert

Re: Purchasing Xfinity Home branded equipment used

You might try calling Home support:

1-877-298-0874

Official Employee

Hi MidTennMtneer,

I can help get an appointment scheduled for your smoke detector. I'd also like to make sure that specific make and model is compatible with our system. As for the sensors, I can make sure they are no longer paired with your friend's system, before pairing them to yours.

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services, or the first and last name of the account holder and full account number. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

New Poster

Thank you. I will do that next week and will post how everything works out here. 

Official Employee

Ok, chat with you soon!