Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Poor Quality Xfinity Home 24/7 Recording

Regular Visitor

Poor Quality Xfinity Home 24/7 Recording

The 24/7 recording picture quality is terrible.  It is extremely pixelated and seems to get worse when motion events are actually detected.  On the other hand, anything recorded based off a rule is great quality, so that rules out any signal/physical/connection issues.  Why is the 24/7 picture quality so bad?  Is it compressed that much?  It is basically useless as there would be NO way to identify any traits on an intruder other than possible colors.  Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Poor Quality Xfinity Home 24/7 Recording

Yeah, I'm very fustrated with it too.  We have the new Xcam which is advertised as 720p and the max resolution on the touch pad is 640 x 480.  The video clips look awful and pixelated - i'm glad the 24/7 is free for my first year or I would cancel it.  Such a waste of money when you can't make out anything on them other then basic objects.

Obviously with the zero responses so far it shows how much comcast really cares.

Valued Contributor

I get excellent quality on mine.  The cameras are in fact 720dpi.  The old settings that show on the touchscreen are for the old Xcam1 and don't apply to the Xcam2.l  I have 5 of the new ones and one old xcam1 and there is a great difference in the camers.  The clips that are saved when motion is detected are such that during a recent breakin of vehicles in my neighborhood my camera caught the individual in action and the picture was so clear it showed the picture on the shirt he was wearing.  It was turned over to the police (unfortunately not caught yet) but the picture as as clear as day.  The streaming video is a little pictulated but not the clips that are saved when motion is detected.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Daylight or night?

Would you be willing to share the image? I'm curious how it compares to how mine are working.
Regular Contributor

The old cameras are called iCamera1000 and iCamera2 and the new one is called xCam. They do not have a xCam2, and all cameras record at 640x480@10fps for high or 320x240@10fps The old iCamera2 is 720 just like the xCam. The older iCamera1000 was only a 640x480 Comcast is coming out with a new touch screen but I don't think that will improve the recording quality. The current touch screen model is the 203. 

Try going into the settings and see what your camera is set as. If you are on med then try high. 

Think Customer First

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation