Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Continuous Chime

New Poster

Continuous Chime

Is there a way to create a rule that will enable continuous chime when our basement door is accidentally left open.

New Poster

Re: Continuous Chime

There isn't a rule that will play a continuous chime when the door is left open.  However, there is a rule you can create from the mobile app that will send you either a Push, Email, Text, or X1 notification if you have left your door open for more than a specified duration of time.  And you will be notified the next time it closes.  You can look for the rule template: "Notify me of door activity"

Official Employee

Re: Continuous Chime

Hi GS98006, the information that (tkim201) shared is correct your touch pad or app should also notify you when arming the system which zone is open so you know before you set the alarm. Please click on this link if you need assistance with setting up your rules, you can also reach back out to me here if you need additional help executing this task. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation