Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Camera time out

New Poster

Camera time out

Is there a way to set the camera automatic disconnect time?  If there is no "activity" my camera disconnects after about 30 seconds.  I want to have it stay connected until I am finished monitoring.

Official Employee

Re: Camera time out

Jimb101 wrote:

Is there a way to set the camera automatic disconnect time?  If there is no "activity" my camera disconnects after about 30 seconds.  I want to have it stay connected until I am finished monitoring.

I am not seeing any specific issue with your camera. Can you describe any message indicating the camera is disconnecting? The camera should stay connected to your XFINITY Home system and not disconnect when there's no "activity", as you indicate.

--
John
xfinity.com/experience

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

John:

If I don't move the mouse around the screen then after about 30 seconds the camera disconnects and displays a message that says due to lack of activity and for security reasons the camera has disconnected.  I have to sign in again to see the camera view again.  The disconnect does not seem to be related to lack of movement in the camera view scene which is a mostly static view of my front yard and street.

Jim

Official Employee

Jimb101 wrote:

John:

If I don't move the mouse around the screen then after about 30 seconds the camera disconnects and displays a message that says due to lack of activity and for security reasons the camera has disconnected.  I have to sign in again to see the camera view again.  The disconnect does not seem to be related to lack of movement in the camera view scene which is a mostly static view of my front yard and street.

Jim

Thanks for the clarification, Jim. Now that I better understand the issue, I agree that this sounds more related to the web portal than the actual camera view itself. I'll place this thread in the XH Portal forum and we'll get this addressed for you.

--
John
xfinity.com/experience

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi Jim - 

You're correct, the disconnect does not have anything to do with what the cameras are viewing - movement or static.  Our Web Portal does sign users out after 15 minutes of inactivity on the web page - that is due to security purposes.  I know you said that you're being signed out after 30 seconds.  Can you tell me if you've experienced this inactivity error on any other page other than where you are viewing the live camera?

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Rachel:

I do not have the disconnect problem on any other page. 

Could it be a portal error where the camera disconnect software actually says 15 seconds instead of 15 minutes?

Jim

Official Employee

Hi Jimb101 - 

Thanks for the additional information.  I appreciate your patience!  We don't have any camera disconnect timeout at all, only an inactivity timeout for the entire Subscriber Portal itself.  A screenshot showing the error you described a few posts up would be a great help.  You can attach a screenshot by clicking on the camera icon when you are in the "Reply to Message" text box.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

The problem appears to have gone away.  I just checked and it timed out after 15 minutes.  Thanks,  Jim

Official Employee

Jimb101 - 

Thanks for reaching out & letting us know.  Please reach out again if you have any other issues & we can troubleshoot with you then!

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation