Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Adding a device, settings page doesn't fill in

New Poster

Adding a device, settings page doesn't fill in

I set up Xfinity Home and added my first camera during the process. It completed successfully and I can access hat device. But now to add additional devices, I go to add a device it takes me to the Online Service Manager page. I click on Settings, and I get the screen in the attached screenshot. The page never fills in with the buttons for me to select what I want to add. Help? I've tried clearing browser cache, made sure I was using a supported version of Chrome. What next?

Official Employee

Re: Adding a device, settings page doesn't fill in

It looks like you may be using an outdated version of the portal. Try http://home.xfinity.com

Note that if you have the full security system with a Touchscreen, you will need to add your devices using that instead of the portal.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I go to that page, but then I click on Device>Add Device> it pops up and tells me that it is taking me to another page.  That page is: https://www.xfinityhomesecurity.com/sp/homepage.html?checkAlarms=true

Once there I click on Settings as it shows in the guide.  Then it is supposed to display a bunch of buttons so that I can choose what I want to add, but those buttons don't appear.

Valued Contributor

As mentioned above, do you have a touchscreen?  If so then you will need to use that to add devices.  Enter your security password and then select the add/edit devices.  You can add cameras, lights, locks and thermostats this way.  To add sensors you need to enter the Tech password.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation