Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ad pop ups WHILE writing an email

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Ad pop ups WHILE writing an email

I understand pop ups..What I don't understand is a recent pop up that opens IN the browser/page I am currently using...and when I back out of it, the email I am working on is gone. So frustrating.  It has happened 3 times in the last month, so it's not an everyday thing...

Has this happened to anyone else?  

Will an ad blocker app take care of it?  (The ad blockerf or google chrome app says it wants access to all of my data...is this normal?)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ad pop ups WHILE writing an email

You can use an app blocker called Ad Block Plus. The part of having your data, is pretty normal on apps you get. For example installing an app on your smartphone. Get Ad Block Plus on your browser, and it won't ask you about getting your info or data. It just installs and you're good to go.

View answer in context
Contributor

You can use an app blocker called Ad Block Plus. The part of having your data, is pretty normal on apps you get. For example installing an app on your smartphone. Get Ad Block Plus on your browser, and it won't ask you about getting your info or data. It just installs and you're good to go.

Regular Visitor

Thank you!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation