Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

can't reach my home phone

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5 (4,005 Views)

can't reach my home phone

For some reason when I try to call my home phone (to check on my kid!)  I get a recording "The party you are trying to reach is not currently accepting calls at this number".  What's going on???

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 5 (4,004 Views)

Re: can't reach my home phone

You most likely have call screening set so it is not letting your cell phone number through.

You need to go into Xfinity Connect and check your call screening settings and unblock yourself.  It's under preferences / call screening.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 5 (3,999 Views)

Thanks, but actually, no, there are no call screenings set.  I call my house phone every day, and this has never happened before.  We did have a power outage last night. Could have somehow affected?

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 4 of 5 (3,996 Views)

With the eMTA having a battery for backup, it normally wouldn't affect anything.

Since your not home, then please call Comcast support and they can look into the health check on the eMTA, and do a remote reset on it.

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 5 (3,985 Views)

Well, it must have something to do with last night's storm. I tried calling from my work land line, my car, and my husband's cell--all with the same "not accepting calls" message. Went home at lunch and found that I can't dial out either, the call goes straight to Comcast customer service. Apparently they are working on it.