Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 caller ID.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 58

Does anyone have the new X1 platform and caller ID working?  Enabled everything on my boxes but nothing is coming through.

57 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 58

Same with me...  new customer for 1 week... when I set it up in settings, it comes back and DNEIS me stating I need digital TV & Digital Phone....   funny....  I HAVE TRIPLE PLAY!!!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 58
I had X1 installed three weeks ago. Caller ID does not work on X1. I have been on the phone several times the last two weeks with level one and level two support.. Technician was here last Sunday and another technician again today. The problem is not my tv and not settings I can control. Come on Comcast. Admit caller Id does not work on X1. Quit wasting my time.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 58
Works fine with x1, make sure you have caller ID activated on your account

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 58
After three visits to my house by service technician, caller id still does not work. Service tech said he had installed 100 plus X1 boxes and non of them has caller Id working. Does anyone in Kansas City have caller id on tv screen using X1? If yes, what model X1 box do you have. Been told certain boxes do not support caller id.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 58
Works fine in Olathe its an account issue and it takes close to 72 hours to pop up after a box swap or initialization

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 58
It has been four weeks and caller ID still does not work. I think I am past the 72 hour wait time.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 58
Not working for me either.
Was instructed to go to the X1 webportal and check caller id. Did that, still nothing.
I can play back recorded messages though.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 58
Tech Support finally has the caller ID working
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 58

what did they do?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 11 of 58
He said it was a server problem and had to create a tix to a higher level tech support.
A day later, it worked.
Still don't get text message alerts.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 12 of 58

Who do you call to activate your caller ID.  I have got nothing but a run around from tech support

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 13 of 58
You can activate it on the X1 webportal
https://x1.comcast.net/webportal/home

or call the X1 help line 1-877-896-8678
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 14 of 58
Well, I was called back Friday and was told Caller ID was fixed. Wrong, I was told by a supervisor that is the first time I had called on this. wrong again, just because they close the ticket doesn't mean it is fixed. I was told level two would call me back on Saturday. Wrong, this is Sunday and received no call. Comcast tech support is useless on Caller ID issue. How many times do they want me to check the same settings and if it does not fix it, they just close the ticket. Very unhappy Comcast customer!!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 58
Don't know how to work caller ID on the TV.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 16 of 58
Don't feel bad. Comcast doesn't know how to make it work either.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 17 of 58
Caller ID on X1 started working yesterday. Do not know what they did to fix it since they did not bother to call me to ask if it was working.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 18 of 58

I have no caller ID on screen either. 1.) original installer was stumped 2.) return trip by an in-home technician told me to call customer support (he wouldn't handle it for me) 3.) tech support call #1 told me to wait 24 hours after she changed something - that did nothing 4.) tech support call #2 couldn't figure it out, so when we got cut off,(I'm sure she just she hung up on me) and didn't call back, I had to start over again another day. 5.) Tech support call #3 was very polite and spent 2 hours trying to figure it out, but she wrote up a ticket to level 2 support for them to try. No follow up, no results. 6.)Tech support call #4 - she told me that the ticket had been closed out, so she tried to fix it, and couldn't, so she wrote up yet another level 2 service request ticket.

I just switched from Dish, and for all of the things that I didn't like about them, at least they could make caller ID show up on my screen.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 19 of 58
Yes, mine works on an old non - digital (HD) TV.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 20 of 58

What must I do to ensure Caller ID is activated on my account? I have been to the X1 website and ensured I have selected the option to have it displayed on my TV. Does Comcast need to activate it somehow on their computers?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 21 of 58

Under the new Guide on the TV, press the Xfinity button on your remote, move to the very right hand side and hit enter on the 'wheel' or settings icon. This icon should appear just to the right of Apps.
Click OK on Preferences option in the left Column. Click on the Notifications in the column to the left, You should see an option there for Caller ID Notifications. Make sure it is set to On. If it's not, just press the OK button to turn it on. Hit EXIT button on remove and it should be set as long as all the other requirements are met.

Good luck to you! 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 22 of 58
There may be up to a 72 hour delay before it works. That's what I was told, but mine only took one day.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 23 of 58

My DVR has been set up since day one, Wednesday, 12 Mar, but it still does not work. Someone at X1 support told me she saw a red indication on my account telling her it was not working. She elevated to second tier support and I am awaiting a call back. 

Thanks for your input. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 24 of 58

I got home today from church and my caller id is working. The problem was elevated to second tier yesterday and apparently they fixed the issue. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 25 of 58

Thanks TG17...https://x1.comcast.net/webportal/home

This appears to be the key to making Caller ID work...as well as making other apps work on your tv...be patient, often this link shows "something went wrong" then up pops the tab or 

try refresh when the "something went wrong" appears...you should see a page with 2 tabs "TV device settings" and "TV app settings"  Smiley Happy

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 26 of 58

My caller id is working fine on the home phone, number and name appear fine; however, the display on my Sony digital TV is number only without a name. To me this seems to be something going on with the modem since the signal for the display is dispersed through the DVR and HDMI cable where the signal for the phone is directly from the phone system.

I missed a call from second tier support today and expecting another call back soon. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 27 of 58

I just had the X1 Upgrade on my Triple Play. There were a couple tiny bumps along the way, but after 24 hours everything was fine. My Caller ID took a couple of hours to show up on the TV's and it took a phone call to a very sweet Tech to get my Voice Mail & Caller ID on the phones tweeked but even my TV2Go on my tablet came on first try. I know how frustrated you can get when things don't work right because I've had it happen,too! But usually a phone call has fixed that! Good luck to you Guys w/problems! Hope they work out soon.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 28 of 58

I have to say after about three weeks into my new X1 and all of its awesome features, I am pretty satisfied. Everything is working well since my three bedrooms were rewired. Caller ID seems to work fine showing number and name. AnyRoom DVR is working great. The only hitch is often the system will seem to just hang up; the press of any button has no effect. Figured I would wait for the next update. Thanks to all, both on this forum and the techs online and on the phone for great support.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 29 of 58

This is what I did to get it working.  I went into settings (accessed through the large Xfinity button on the remote) and opened Preferences, then clicked notifications and turned Caller ID -OFF, I then rebooted the box by holding down the power button for about 10-15 seconds (longer if needed) when box finished reboot, I went back into settings and turned Caller ID back ON - got my cell phone, and tested it and viola!  Caller ID works now!  And I did this on my bedroom non-DVR box assuming I would have to repeat the process in the livingroom and it worked on both rooms with just the bedroom reboot, sweet!   Good luck!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 58

Like the others in this forum, I was not able to get caller ID working on my new X1 boxes on my own.  I tried all of the suggestions provided with no success.  Finally, I contacted a service representative using online chat.  He finally got it working after sending it a few refresh signals!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 31 of 58

mmengele wrote:

Like the others in this forum, I was not able to get caller ID working on my new X1 boxes on my own.  I tried all of the suggestions provided with no success.  Finally, I contacted a service representative using online chat.  He finally got it working after sending it a few refresh signals!

In almost all instances ( there are a few other reasons ) , the CallerID entitlement nees to be refreshed/activated ono the box/account....

Glad you're up and running!

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
Message 32 of 58

I can't get caller ID to work. Made all the proper settings on the website and my TV.  It worked fine until I changed to X platform.   Any ideas to make it work?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 33 of 58

cole1 wrote:

I can't get caller ID to work. Made all the proper settings on the website and my TV.  It worked fine until I changed to X platform.   Any ideas to make it work?

You will need to call COMCAST and have your box reprovisioned or at least have it checked to make sure the CallerID keycode is on your account.... that's probably the missing part of WHY iot isn't workijng AFTER you upgraded to X1....

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 34 of 58

Was working but with any update expect trouble. First our cell phones dont ring as b4, now cid doesnt show up and all is activated except cell phones it says 

Currently, the Voice 2go page is 'read only'.

Your Voice2Go service has a phone number listed as Pending, which means it is being processed. During this time phone numbers or their associated settings cannot be modified until processing is complete and the status is listed as On. This process may take up to 48 hours.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 35 of 58

I just got X1 (just in my home office) and before I got it caller ID was working in my home office on the TV and in the living room on the TV.. I got X1 and installed it in my office (as I said before) and now it has stopped working on X1 TV in Office and in the living room. I didnt touch the living room box and it was working fine.. Now it isnt working in anyroom. I have called 2x and still not working.. I hope it starts working soon.. All my settings are on and I have even turned then off and waited a few and then turned them back on and called and checked and it is on my account but still nothing yet.

Patrick

Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 58

switched to x1 platform about 6 weeks ago; caller id never worked after switch.  Multiple calls into Comcast "they are working on it", "its a server issue", as of today, still not working.  And yes, have done all of the suggestions above, and yes, Comcast, has "switched on" the boxes from their end....

sigh..

Sacramento, CA

Posted by
Visitor
Message 37 of 58

Had X1 format installed two weeks ago and caller ID on TV now doen't work. I see others have same problem.  Does it work for anyone?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 38 of 58

sebec wrote:

Had X1 format installed two weeks ago and caller ID on TV now doen't work. I see others have same problem.  Does it work for anyone?

Mine has worked since 72 hours after my initial install.... has NEVER not worked, and NEVER had a problem....

I must be lucky I guess....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
Message 39 of 58

Ok now.  Called the chat helpline and got immediate help.  Seems like it was never activated at the source, and after it was activated, it worked fine. BTW, I always use the chat room; never phone call.  i get immediate help. good lucl to others.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 58

my X1 caller Id isnt working..... I 've gone to the x1 website multiple times and there is anywhere to check to make sure its turned on!   Ive this x1 for 24hrs now and I am really not liking it!!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 41 of 58

Try turning it off and then back on on the website. Mine came back by doing this

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 42 of 58

ham108 wrote:

my X1 caller Id isnt working..... I 've gone to the x1 website multiple times and there is anywhere to check to make sure its turned on!   Ive this x1 for 24hrs now and I am really not liking it!!!!

Call into Comcast and have them verify that CallerDI isprovisioned in your account..... sometimes this is all that it takes...

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 43 of 58

Thanks to all who responded...

X1 caller ID issues resolved for me.

M.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 44 of 58
Was working for me but stopped about 8 days ago. Have spent numerous hours on phone with technicians and still not working. Have been told everythinf from there is outage in my area to it is because of the Smart tv.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 45 of 58

I see no opportunity on the "webportal" to check that I want Caller-ID.  Where does that appear?

I've called support 3 times with no resolve.  The scheduled a tech but he called and said there was no reason for him to come out.  "It's in the computer, I can't fix that."

I have the X1 Platform and it hasn'w worked since they were installed over a month ago.

Thanks

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 46 of 58

fuzzbert wrote:

I see no opportunity on the "webportal" to check that I want Caller-ID.  Where does that appear?

I've called support 3 times with no resolve.  The scheduled a tech but he called and said there was no reason for him to come out.  "It's in the computer, I can't fix that."

I have the X1 Platform and it hasn'w worked since they were installed over a month ago.

Thanks

Caller-id is an account  code that has to be added to your account....call Comcast and ensure that the code is correctly provisioned to your account.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 47 of 58

Just got it to work.  I downloaded the caller ID to my home PC.  Now the caller ID is working on the X1 platform TV.  Good luck.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 48 of 58

Got it to work.  I down loaded the caller ID to my home PC.  Now it works on X1 platform TV.  Good luck.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 49 of 58

Got caller ID to work by downloading the caller ID ap to home PC.  For some unknown reason now the caller ID works on X1 platform TV.  Good luck.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 50 of 58

Where do you get this app for your pc?