online now

discussions

Set number of rings

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4 (3,302 Views)

Set number of rings

How do I set the number of rings before the voice mail operates?

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4 (3,288 Views)

Re: Set number of rings

Hello,

Login to xfinity

Go to preference/voice/call forwarding and rings

Where it say rings then set the number to what ever you like before sending it to voice mail.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 4 (2,610 Views)

as usual, the help given is no good.

Setting teh number of rings only screws up my system today I went to that page and changed it from the 5 rings its been for y ears,  to 8 rings. Now my phone only rings only once an it hangs up on the caller.

Four hours later with tech support, they told me I cannot control the number of rings from the web page as that function does not work. She set it to 9 from her desk, we tested it and it works. Two hours later, I am now unable to get calls as it rings once  and hangs up instantly.

I have been on hold for three hours now, and have NO phone service. Great deal for $150 a month, huh.?

Here is a great hint I heard on the stupid menu system  " If you want to find out if your internet is out, go online and check it.. STOOOOOOPID!!!!

I would rather take out my own appendix with a warm spoon than deal with comcast. I know now one here cares, but they will get no more money out of me.. .

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 4 (1,750 Views)

I want to set my phone rings to 9. Right now it is 4 and I never reach it before it goes to voicemail.