Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ROBO Calls

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 9 (1,947 Views)

ROBO Calls

Why  can't our providers protect us us from the CONSTANT robo calls?

8 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor

Message 2 of 9 (1,921 Views)

Re: ROBO Calls

I agree.  I just switched from CenturyLink to Comcast because of the cost savings.  However, at CenturyLink, one of their best features was a "No Solicitor" feature.  When you got a call, an automated response would ask if you were a solicitator or not.  If not, the caller would press #1 and the system would then let the caller through to you.  Most Robocalls were blocked and most solicitors don't bother to waste the time to follow the instructions.  If CenturyLink can provide such a service, I can't see why Xfinity/Comcast cannot either.  I imagine that not enough people know about a feature such as this and have not yet complained.  My recent experience with my upgrade seems to indicate that the squeakiest wheel gets some notice.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 9 (1,886 Views)

I have my home number on the national "Do Not Call" list, yet I have been receiving these ROBO calls from all over the country since I switched to bundled service with Comcast.  Don't they subscribe to that list?  It is making me want to rethink my option to have the bundled service.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 4 of 9 (1,841 Views)

I think the problem is that "Do not call" has been beaten.  I get the exact same recording from different numbers (probably cell) all over the country. The answer will probably come from our providers and technology.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 9 (1,808 Views)

I have the same problem.  Both my home and my cell are on the national DNC list, yet telemarketers and solicitors have figured out ways around it.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 9 (1,052 Views)

Just read on my Comcast home page about the new Nomorobo product that is available to other providers. This would be a great help to those of us who are tired of receiving these unwanted scams and solicitations. Will Comcast Voice be getting this? Soon I hope!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 9 (1,035 Views)

Who are the other service providers that provide this service?  I would gladly pay an extra $5-$10 per month to avoid these Robo calls.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 9 (1,014 Views)

Nomorobo is currently available to people who have VoiP service with AT&T U-verse, Cablevision Optimum, SureWest, Verizon FiOS and Vonage.

Posted by
Edited on
‎10-03-2013 08:13 AM

Cable Expert

Message 9 of 9 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]

There is an open thread on this topic here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Voice-Service-and-Equipment/NoMoRoBo/m-p/1853249#M16948

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program