Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call History Shows Calls Not Made/Received

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

I have not had a physical phone hooked up to my cable line in months because it broke. I have the Connect app on my phone and I just forward calls to my cell. However, I don't know if I am doing something wrong or something weird is going on, but for months there have been calls made, received/answered, and missed that I never made and that never rang through to my cell. I do not know any of the numbers. Some are local to my area, some are not, and some are toll free numbers. I thought maybe my boyfriend was also forwarding calls to his cell, but his number was not under the list of numbers to forward to and I changed all the passwords to the user emails on my account (there are 3 or 4). Does anyone have any idea what could be happening? All of the calls placed or answered are pretty short, like under 30 seconds, most are 5 to 9 seconds long. TIA for any help in figuring this out. 

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 5

msleasha wrote:

I have not had a physical phone hooked up to my cable line in months because it broke. I have the Connect app on my phone and I just forward calls to my cell. However, I don't know if I am doing something wrong or something weird is going on, but for months there have been calls made, received/answered, and missed that I never made and that never rang through to my cell. I do not know any of the numbers. Some are local to my area, some are not, and some are toll free numbers. I thought maybe my boyfriend was also forwarding calls to his cell, but his number was not under the list of numbers to forward to and I changed all the passwords to the user emails on my account (there are 3 or 4). Does anyone have any idea what could be happening? All of the calls placed or answered are pretty short, like under 30 seconds, most are 5 to 9 seconds long. TIA for any help in figuring this out. 

Do you have anything like a fax, alarm system, Tivo, computer, etc connected to your home phone line?  Also know that accessing VM uses the outgoing as well as call forwarding...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 5
No, just my cell phone. And I don't five out the home phone number and really barely use it since there is no phone besides my cell connected to it. I know factually that no one calls me on it besides telemarketers, so I am left puzzled as to where all these calls are being made/to.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 4 of 5
No, just my cell phone. And I don't give out the home phone number and really barely use it since there is no phone besides my cell connected to it. I know factually that no one calls me on it besides telemarketers, so I am left puzzled as to where all these calls are being made/to.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 5 of 5

Hi msleasha, thank you for reaching out and apologies for your experiences with the phantom calls.  I can research this further for you and will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon