Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity home page

Regular Visitor

xfinity home page

When I go to xfinity home page, I am immediatly redirected to the same page by Edge.  If I am using Firefox it asks me to allow the redirect.  Why am I redirected to the same page.  I only ever use it to get to my e-mail account.  I never use its search feature noe read its articles.  Try to keep Google out of my life.

Tags (1)
Service Expert

Re: xfinity home page

samhinny wrote:

When I go to xfinity home page, I am immediatly redirected to the same page by Edge.  If I am using Firefox it asks me to allow the redirect.  Why am I redirected to the same page.  I only ever use it to get to my e-mail account.  I never use its search feature noe read its articles.  Try to keep Google out of my life.

After you are redirected are you automatically signed in?  If so, it's a function of a set cookie.  If you don't want to be automatically signed in, delete all of your cookies that deal with the home page.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: xfinity home page

Thanks for the information.  I am not automatically signed in.  I am redirected to the same home page.  I have to click on the e-mail icon and then I have to sign in.  Incidentally I have ccleaner and I delete cookies on a very regular basis.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation