Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

xfinity email via Outlook 2010 - Secure connection to the server cannot be established

Regular Visitor

xfinity email via Outlook 2010 - Secure connection to the server cannot be established

I have been a long time MS Outlook user via xfinity. Ever since the Windows 10 update on 10/6/2017 I have not been able to get the xfinity servers to respond. Always ending with xfinity server issues. I have spent a very long time in CHAT and despite that effort, it still remains a problem for me. The CHAT tried sending emails to my gmail and mail.com addresses that never showed up on my end. Copies of my setup and error responses are attached. This is pointing to xfinity as the server problem. My CHAT session went through the whole same process and it failed /again, and again, and again. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get xfinity email to work again? Can anyone help?
Expert

Re: xfinity email via Outlook 2010 - Secure connection to the server cannot be established

Does the webmail interface work OK?  What settings are you using in Outlook for the Comcast account?

Regular Visitor

Re: xfinity email via Outlook 2010 - Secure connection to the server cannot be established

I am able to access my email via the web based email but that does not resolve the Outlook issue.  I included the Outlook settings as .PDF attachments to my original message.

Expert

All the pdf shows is this-----------------

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 7.22.52 PM.jpg

That is not what I mean;  I mean what are the actual server settings for incoming and outgoing emails?  The name of the incoming server, and the port number?  Same for the outgoing?  Security settings? etc.

New Poster

Like wise. I have Windows 10 and Office 365 which uses Outlook 2016. For the last 3 weeks I have been going in circles with comcast & MS. Tonight I was able to prove that it is their network that prohibits me from running my gmail accounts on Outlook. The comcast mail works fine, but the gmail stopped working months ago. I shut off my Xfinity connection and booted up a hotspot from my phone and it all loaded up in seconds, thus proving that it is the Xfinity network! It is not MS as the Comcast rep wants you to belive.

Then to boot, they called me back as requested for a service follow up survey, and when I answered the phone, noone was there nor a recording - dead air! They DONT want my survey as it wont give them the results to show that they only want you to see. I do not hold the reps at fault, asthey are nothing but a pawn and have no idea as to the game that their company is playing with the public. I'm thinking of just dropping them totally and get my internet through my phone provider.

Contributor

Having the same problem since last weekend......no email from xfinity in Outlook 2010.  Been receiving them for years, but suddenly it has stopped and I now have to use the web interface to get my comcast.net emails.  I continue to use the same settings:  imap.comcast.net using 993 with SSL ON, and  smtp.comcast.net using 465 with SSL ON.  Have the required settings recently been changed?  Thanks.

Expert

@craigwfoster wrote:

Having the same problem since last weekend......no email from xfinity in Outlook 2010.  Been receiving them for years, but suddenly it has stopped and I now have to use the web interface to get my comcast.net emails.  I continue to use the same settings:  imap.comcast.net using 993 with SSL ON, and  smtp.comcast.net using 465 with SSL ON.  Have the required settings recently been changed?  Thanks.

Try deleting the account from Outlook and then re-create it from scratch.

Contributor

That has really messed things up!  Now all my saved emails are gone from Outlook because I was unable to successfully add the account back into Outlook.  It was not able to login to the server.

Contributor

In order to recover all my saved emails, I did a System Restore to a point abut 60 hours ago.  Not only did I get my emails back, but now Outlook 2010 is grabbing my new emails without displaying any errors!  Computers are weird.   Smiley Wink