Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity connect e-mail will not load .....since last week

Contributor

xfinity connect e-mail will not load .....since last week

I go to Google, go to xfinity connect front page , type in user name and password and get the swirling dots.  Will either not load at all of takes maybe 5 minutes........This just stared last week.....WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS????

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON?  This never happened before.

Contributor

Re: xfinity connect e-mail will not load .....since last week

This is happening to me, too. I was able to get into my email this morning. You're lucky if this hasn't happened to you before, because I get this every two weeks or so - ever since I was changed over to the new email format last year. Beyond frustrating.

Would someone please fix this so I can log into my email!!!

Email Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

This has NOTHING to do with browsers. The webmail servers are overloaded or malfunctioning. The regular mail servers seem to be OK so far, as POP and IMAP mail (Thunderbird, Connect app) are working fine.

Contributor

I agree that it's not the browser. Whenever this happens, clearing the cache is the first thing I try and it has never resolved the problem. I just do it as the first and simplest form of troubleshooting...before I get on this forum to report it.

I will tell you that I'm glad I started using this forum. The main reason is because I can monitor to see if others are having the same issue(s) as me. And it appears that Comcast does a decent job of monitoring these boards to identify similar problems that apply to many users.

I hate to say it, but calling the customer service number has become the last resort for me. Unless my service is just flat out down, I won't call them. Their first-line responders have limited knowledge. But you still have to go through the motions with them, which many times can take 15-30 minutes of my life. And in the end, it just gets bumped up to the next level.

I know I've gotten off track here. Just needed to vent a little. This new email/webmail system still leaves a lot to be desired.

Performance is slow most times. And in times like today, when I really needed to access email with my laptop in a hurry, it failed me for over an hour. Since I swapped to the new email last year (which was a horrendous roll out), times like today occur at least once every two weeks. Sometimes more.

They've had more than enough time to iron out these bugs. Get it done, now!
Contributor

Nothing works I flat out can't get into my e-mail.  Calling them does nothing as you say it takes at least 20 minutes to get a human on the phone if you are lucky.  

Comcast just leaves a very bad taste in your mouth over and over. 

I guess I have to transition to G-Mail.

Contributor

BTW this is NOT a browser issue the person yesterday said that Comcast is aware of a system wide problem.

Contributor

same with me, since yesterday google chrome even does not work, called widespread issue, wow wow is all I have to say, they integrated to their new system and it is not working.  Very upset was told widespread issue, working on it.  Very disapointed.  No notice, nothing.