Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

won't let me delete emails

New Poster

won't let me delete emails

try to delete email messages, my trash box is empty but I keep getting an error message.  deleted messages disappear for a moment then return to me inbox.  please help.  thank you

New Poster

Re: won't let me delete emails

I am having the same problem....driving me mad.....can't get any answers!!1

Regular Visitor

I too am having same problem. Got advise from tech to empty trash, which I had already done. Repeated emptying trash (there was nothing in it), but still can not delete emails - BUT, can not delete emails older than 12/21/2016.

Please help. 

New Poster

i am having the same problem.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with comcast and nothing.  said they would get back to me in 24 hours

Regular Visitor

cannot delete email

Error

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.

After trying the above suggestion. I still cannot delete the emails. This just started 4-5 days ago.

Can you help?
Email Expert

Re: cannot delete email

For the time being I am making this a sticky thread, and I'm escalating it to the forum admins.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Visitor

New Mailbox

Since the new Xfinity mail was installed I get sporadic messages that my inbox is full when I try to delete some messages and therefore the messages could not be deleted..

Not all messages have this problem - just some.

New Poster

Deleting Emails

I have an APPLE  MacBookPro and cannot delete emails.  Error message says cannot be moved to  trash because it is full or nearly full when in fact it is empty.

New Poster

I am also having the exact same issues. Same message and will not let me delete anything prior to Decemeber 21st. :-(

New Poster

deleting email

Why is my deleted email still in my inbox? Why, after emptying my trash folder, am I unable to delete any emails, including those previously deleted and mysteriously returned to my inbox?

Regular Visitor

Re: Deleting Emails

Having the same issue.  This is Comcast Webmail, BTW (although the issue is the same with a local IMAP client).  Some e-mails delete normally, others throw the error message and refuse to be deleted.  Trash and Spam folders are empty.

Regular Visitor

Same issue here.  Some messages delete normally, others throw the error message and won't stay deleted.  Seems mostly to affect recent e-mails but have not pinned down a definite pattern.  I even deleted a bunch of old e-mails, thinking I might be bumping into a data storage limitation, but it made no difference.  Trash and Spam folders are empty.

Regular Visitor

Re: cannot delete email

As of this morning (1/11/2017) my ability to delete emails older than 12/21/2016 can now be actually trashed without an error message. In addition, all the older emails I attempted to delete also automatically disappeared. I am grateful, but frustrated that Xfinity could not send notifications that there was a technical problem. I even tried a live chat, but the site was not working!

Regular Visitor

cannoy delete email error

Regular Visitor

cannot delete emails in Comcast mail. Both sent and trash are empty

New Poster

Re: deleting email

Did you get an answer?  I am having same issue.

Visitor

Re: deleting email

I'm having same issue. Deleted emails won't stay deleted, even 1 at a time. Trash folder is NOT full. The Comcast error msg helps not.

New Poster

cannot delete emails

for several days I have not been able to delete emails, I have emptied my Trash folder, but still not able to delete.  I am getting an error message.

New Poster

deleting e-mail

when i try to delete my e-mail an error box pops up trash bin full but it is empty. WHY

New Poster

Re: deleting e-mail

I have the same problem and it started a few days ago, on the 10th of January.  Did Comcast change something?

Contributor

Re: cannot delete emails

Ditto over here....just started tonite for me. Cannot delete my emails. Emptied the Trash folder but the emails appear to come back with a line thru them.

Emails deleted from Inbox reappear after a minute and an error message pops up as others have mentioned.

I am pretty sick of the new Comcast webmail.  It's so bad I get the feeling they want us to stop using it. The old version of webmail was 1000 times better.

Quite the upgrade! Server errors every other 30minutes, etc.

New Poster

Can't delete email messages because my inbox is too full????????????

How do I empty my email "trash" folder?  I select "empty folder", get a response that it is empty but it still shows 200+ messages and when I try to delete messages I receive an error message that I need to empty my mailbox because it is too full?

Regular Visitor

Can't delete emails. Error message

Whay do I keep getting this error message and connot delete emails!?!!?/. THis new email system stinks! My trash folder is empty. This just started the other day. Can some one plaes help!

Error

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't delete emails. Error message

There is definitely an issue with the mail server.

I use Claws Mail for my e-mail and that has a feature to view the network log, which will show any errors. It currently displayed the following upon trying to delete an e-mail out of the IMAP Inbox folder:

[11:00:54] IMAP< 11 NO [SERVERBUG] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2017-01-16 16:00:54] (0.000 + 0.000 + 5.033 secs).
** IMAP error on imap.comcast.net: UID COPY error

Contributor

Re: Can't delete emails. Error message

I am having the same problem, and am receiving the same error message.

I empty my trash folder daily, so my trash folder is not full.

Also, my entire mailbox contains only a very small amount of emails. 

What's the problem, Comcast? And how to solve it?

New Poster

Email Delete not Working

There are approximately 30 emails that were received on 1 January 2017 that can not be deleted from my in-box.  An error occurs saying that the Trash file is full and it is empty when i try the delete.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Email Delete not Working

Email Won't Delete

Getting same message that trash folder is nearly full and to empty it, but it is already empty.  Started 1/17/17. Many others on the forums expressed a similar problem that email can't be deleted. Comcast needs to get this fixed before my inbox gets overloaded with messages that I can't delete.

New Poster

I am having the same problem, every time I try to delete an email, I get the message

Error

My email, isn't full, and my trash folder is empty!!!!
I hope someone gets this fixed - SOON!

New Poster

You folks are not alone. I am getting the same Server Error A26 and cannot delete any of my emails from trash.

New Poster

Unable to delete emails

I keep getting a error message saying that my mailbox is full, or, I need to empty my trash bin when I try to delete my emails

New Poster

Delete/Move messages

I have accumulated almost 1000 emails in my inbox because the system will not allow me to delete or move email messages.  I've been on the xfinity chat room and was told by your foreign "expert" to change to Chrome and that she notified the powers that be to correct the problem but it is now 5 days and I still cannot delete/move messages.  And the list keeps growing!!!  Can someone please fix this?  I don't want to have to change email servers but if this keeps up, I'll have no choice.  By the way, I hate this new format.  It has nothing in common with any other format I've worked with.  I've sent numerous messages to your "helpline" without any response.

Admin1

Hello All -- Apologies for the issues with deleting email. We had a Nationally known issue with some servers that was causing this issue. We have gotten this resolved but I did want to check in to see if anyone is still having this issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Dear  Administrator,   I just tried to delete or even move the emials from 1Jan 2017. The same errors saying that the server cannot perform the operation keep appearing.   Evidently this is still a Comcast server issue.    Please advsie when it will be repaired/corrected.

Thank you!

New Poster

I am still experiencing this issue with emails not deleting and the delete folder is empty.

Admin1

JackMcDaniel & pawrhodes -- Out of curiosity are you both trying to delete them through our web portal? If you try using Xfinity Connect App does it also not let you delete? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Trying to delete emails through the Xfinity portal.

Admin1

pawrhodes -- If you try it through Connect App does it do the same thing? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Email Expert

ComcastZach wrote:

pawrhodes -- If you try it through Connect App does it do the same thing? 

Zack, just for clarity-------are you referring to the Xfinity Connect mobile app?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Admin1

Latoque - Yes that's the one. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Downloaded connect app on my Iphone and the problem appears to be resolved.

Also deleting emails on the laptop and that also appears to be working.

Admin1

pawrhodes -- Good. I wondered if that might work. Thanks for confirming. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Yes I am still having the same issues, cannot delete emails, keep getting error message. over and over all day saturday.

Regular Visitor

I just tried deleteing my emails again and it let me delete 6 then it went back to the same error message. I tried several more times but does not delete.

Regular Visitor

new emails seem to delete, but nothing from yesterday or before will delete.

New Poster

Deleting email to free up space

I am receiving a error message that functions in email can't happen due to the size of space on the server.  I checked that I only used 9% of my 10GB.  I am not able to delete anything to free up per the error message.  How do I correct this?

Frequent Visitor

I am STILL having the same issue.  Now it's gotten worse because I can't delete ANY email regardless of the date (how new or old they are).  FRUSTRATING!  I am not using the mobile app.  I'm using my laptop.

New Poster

Re: Deleting email to free up space

I am having the same problem today, must be a general issue. Or parameters changed....

New Poster

Yeah.... I can`t seem to delete any emails. Anyone else having this problem?

Contributor

same problem here.i thought i fixed it by marking all messages read, but now i cant even get email started.now there is a message stating a problem has occurred please try again

Regular Visitor

Same issue here.  I am having problems deleting emails.  In addition, I am getting error messages trying to send emails as well.