Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

won't let me delete emails

Admin1

Re: cannot delete emails

unclephil1 & quitestorm_2008 -- Please try using our Mobile App to delete these emails as it has proven successful as a solution. 

Admin1

Re: Deleting email to free up space

sdevitt526 & klshuman -- Please try using our Mobile App to delete these emails as it has proven successful as a solution.

Admin1

pattylulu & gmh699 -- Please try using our Mobile App to delete these emails as it has proven successful as a solution.

New Poster

Unable to delete items from Inbox

My trash is completely empty and all trashed items permanently deleted.

I'm trying to delete items from my in-box and keep getting error messages.
Even for small messages which take up very little room, I get an error saying the message is too big to move.  (??)

Why is this happening and how can it be corrected?

New Poster

Emails not deleting from inbox

I am using the new Comcast Webmail.  For some reason in December from the 16th on, I could no longer delete emails from my inbox.  It started working again yesterday but I still can not delete these particular emails from my inbox (from 12/16/16 - 12/18/16) nor move them to any other folder.  I have emptied my trash folder even though this is not the issue multiple times and my mailbox is not even close to being over the limit (using only 11%).  I keep getting the error when I try to delete them - "This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.  In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first." 

Can anyone assist here since there are over 20 emails I want to remove from my inbox.  I have tried LiveChat but after an hour complete waste of time and never understood the issue - was suppose to send me instructions on email which never happened and wouldn't resolve this issue anyway.  I'm sure if I call support I'll get even more frustrated and similar experience so trying to avoid.

Thanks for your help.

Expert

Re: Emails not deleting from inbox

Try using the Xfinity Connect mobile app to delete them.  Also, if you enable the account in a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird, it might work from there.

Frequent Visitor

All - NONE - of the recommended solutions are working for me.  I've tried the 'app' - several times this morning.  Still have emails returning to the inbox that I "deleted" using all previously recommended solutions.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

TW

New Poster

Can't delete some e-mails

I can't delete some e-mails even thought I have cleaned out my trash file. The message I receive is :"Error This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full. In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first." What should I do?

Expert

Re: Can't delete some e-mails

The advice we're getting from Comcast is to try deleting them using the Xfinity Connect mobile app.

New Poster

Re: Emails not deleting from inbox

Thank you much and really appreciate it.  I opened the Comcast connect app on my iPhone, deleted the emails that wouldn't delete from my webmail and then logged back into webmail and they are now gone from my inbox.  Awesome and thanks again!

Frequent Visitor

Latoque and ComcastZach - current email problem is that I can't delete some emails that arrived in December - everything else, though sporadic, seems to be working.  

Who can I (we) contact at Comcast (live person) or a Comcast sub-contractor that can reach into the server and remove these emails?  This moring I tried all the previous recommendations - those emails appear to be deleted, they never move into "trash" and when I log back in, they return.

Thanks -tw

New Poster

I am unable to get deleted emails into the Trash Bin

Suddenly emails from mid-December reappeared in my Inbox.  I am unable to get them deleted, as a message box pops up and tells me system is unable to delete and to check that Trash folder is not full.  I've emptied the trash folder and I still get this message, and now it's happening on current emails.  Has anyone else experienced this, and if so how did you resolve it?

Frequent Visitor

Re: I am unable to get deleted emails into the Trash Bin

Yes, I'm having the same problem. I can't seem to find any solution, and now the system won't save my "sent" items  because it says it's full.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Started having the same problem today. Cannot delete emails, cannot empty Trash.  Cannot move emails to folders. I'm using my laptop and Xfinity Connect. What's up?

Expert

Frequent Visitor

yes, still with the same problem.

Regular Visitor

I am having the problem of deleting emails that Comcast seems to be well known.  What should I do?

Frequent Visitor

Please understand the 'solution' you are now linking, doesn't work for everyone.  Everyday I'm trying all the solutions recommended in this forum, to include the "app".  I'm and I believe others, are still having trouble.

Who at Comcast can I call.  There must be a team of personnel somewhere in the world that have the admin rights to go into the email server and delete/fix our problems.  

Thanks,

TW

Regular Visitor

Deleting emails

The last few days I have been having trouble deleting my email.  Never had a problem before deleting 10 or so at a time.  Now I can't delete any.  I have emptied my deleted folder, but still get a message that my delete folder may be full, in reality it is empty.

New Poster

Delete & File of EMails

Cannot Delete &/or File Some E-Mails. Many appear to be from the same date, January 10th. I have read them and a couple I wish to delete and a few I wish to place in my personal folders. I receive error messages. How do I fix this problem?

New Poster

Same issue still occurring. I cannot delete &/or put certain e-mails in a folder.

New Poster

It certainly is not resolved. How can this issue be fixed??????? Cannot delete or file certain emails.

Expert

The current advice from Comcast is to try deleting them using the Xfinity Connect Mobile app.  They claim it works well.

New Poster

Older emails cannot be deleted

Hello, I keep receiving this message when I try to delete emails from 1/10/17. I can delete some emails but not others. I found a link on this other board that seemed to help someone else. 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Can-t-delete-an-email/td-p/2802993

This is the message I receive, I've used several alternate browsers (Chrome/Firefox/IE) also tried at several computers. I've signed out and logged out and still have the same issue.

Error

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.

Thank you for your time.
New Poster

Xfinity email

How come I can't delete my unwanted emails?????  They won't delete when I click the garbage can

New Poster

Re: Xfinity email

I am also having an issue deleting unwanted emails. It is saying that I don't have enough space which is not true. I can't even delete the a smallest email that I have. Something is wrong with their system and I bet the complaints will start to increase.

New Poster

Cannot empty Trash folder

Keep getting error when emptying trash folder. Cannot add more to trash folder as it is full.

I thought this was supposed to automatically purge monthly.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity email

Same Issue, Also you can send mail but no incoming email is getting to me.

New Poster

help

I am not able to delete message from my inbox.  I get a message that says to "empty your deleted items".  My trash is empty.  I don't know what the "deleted items" could be or where to find them.  Can anyone help?

New Poster

trash

it says my email trash is full , could someone tell me how to empty it?

New Poster

full mailbox

Today as I am processing email and as I try to delete those I am finished with, it is telling me my mailbox may be full and to empty the trash. Then, when I try to empty the trash, I get this error message. Help? Thanks.

Error

Message(s) [554541, 554568, 554680, 554686, 554701, 554724] in folder Trash could not be deleted due to error "A protocol exception occurred during execution of IMAP request "EXPUNGE".
Error message: A7 NO [SERVERBUG] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2017-02-03 18:25:45] (0.000 + 0.000 secs). (folder="Trash", store="imap://29angels%40comcast.net*oxuser%40comcast.net@imap.email.comcast.net:993")"
New Poster

Re: full mailbox

Getting exact same message... following for response.

Frequent Visitor

Same here.  Also not able to send/receive mail from my Outlook client.  I was able to send an email using the mobile app, but it does not look like any mail is coming in.

New Poster

Re: Cannot empty Trash folder

Same exact issue -- I deleted email this morning...a few hours later, I get the error and the EXPUNGE error when trying to empty trash.

New Poster

I can't delete emails

I can't delete emails when I try, I get this message:

"This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first."

My I tried deleteing all the messages in my trash can.  After I did that, I tried again to delete messages and it came back with the same message:

"This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first."

Also when I tried moves messages to a different folder, I got this message:

"An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request."

Please help, thankyou. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Older emails cannot be deleted

I'm having a similar problem- I can't even delete the e-mails in my trash folder! 

Frequent Visitor

Re: I can't delete emails

In addition to what you mentioned, you are also not able to receive emails at this time.  There appears to be a major problem with the mail servers going on now.

New Poster

So I am not the only one having this problem?  Well, then I guess it is up to comcast to fix this problem. 

New Poster

I'm having the same problem -- inability to delete emails, and inability to empty Trash. It also appears that email itself is not working, as I did not receive a test message I sent.

Comcast -- what's going on??

New Poster

I'm having the same problem not being able to delete emails.  Getting the same error message.

New Poster

same here.  perhaps something is wrong with comcast system.

Contributor

29angels wrote:

Today as I am processing email and as I try to delete those I am finished with, it is telling me my mailbox may be full and to empty the trash. Then, when I try to empty the trash, I get this error message. Help? Thanks.

Error

Message(s) [554541, 554568, 554680, 554686, 554701, 554724] in folder Trash could not be deleted due to error "A protocol exception occurred during execution of IMAP request "EXPUNGE".
Error message: A7 NO [SERVERBUG] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2017-02-03 18:25:45] (0.000 + 0.000 secs). (folder="Trash", store="imap://29angels%40comcast.net*oxuser%40comcast.net@imap.email.comcast.net:993")"

I am now experiencing the same issue with deleting. However, in addition I am getting an error saying IMAP cannot accept any new messages. Lets me send a message but says "no room to save in sent messages" also does not save drafts.

The system worked fine this morning. By the way I am using the "new" email system.  Another comcast email account we have is still the old version and that is fine.

Hopefully this is resolved soon.

New Poster

Trash can -deleting e-mail I don't want

How do I delete mail from full trash can?

New Poster

Update: Everything seems to be working again. Thank you.

Expert

Re: Trash can -deleting e-mail I don't want

SharLou62 wrote:

How do I delete mail from full trash can?

Right now the advice coming from Comcast is to try using the Xfinity Connect mobile app to delete them.

New Poster

I am still having the problem of trying to delete one email. I have the same error message as everyone else and after today, I'm through with this.

New Poster

I am unable to delete emails from 12/20/16 and 12/21/16 - I can delete all others, though.  When I try to delete the ones from those dates, I get this error message:

Error

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.

I am only using 2% of my 10GB, have tried Comcast's online chat help and phone calls, but to no avail.  Also tried using multiple different browsers, clearing out caches, and even downloaded the app to try that.  Nothing works.  

Please help - it's not hurting anything, but it's really annoying!
New Poster

Has a solution to this issue ever been found ? I have tried to delete from both my PC and from mobile app. I was able to delete them all a couple weeks ago, but they came back yesterday !!

New Poster

The issue is not fixed, huge suprise.

New Poster

Can not delete emails

I keep getting this message when trying to delete emails.

Error

What do I do?