Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

why does my webmail username includes *oxuser@comcast.net - both incoming and ouitgoing server

Frequent Visitor

why does my webmail username includes *oxuser@comcast.net - both incoming and ouitgoing server

Just noticed my webmail username includes " *oxuser@comcast.net " after my actual email address. Shows on my email account settings for both incoming and ouitgoing server user names.  Have I been hacked?

New Poster

Re: why does my webmail username includes *oxuser@comcast.net - both incoming and ouitgoing server

Me 2
I don't like it.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: why does my webmail username includes *oxuser@comcast.net - both incoming and ouitgoing server

This thread refers to the "Incoming server" and "Outgoing server (SMTP)" entries in the Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail settings page at

(gear icon) / Settings / Accounts / E-Mail / Edit

(https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/settings&folder=virtual/settings/io.ox/settings/a...).

Both of these entries include the term "*oxuser@comcast.net" after the actual Comcast email address, like so:

XcAsOxuser1.png

The question is, "is that how they are supposed to be?". My guess is that it's OK, but I can only guess, and it would be nice to have the question answered by Comcast.

Service Expert

fyi mine has same thing on both servers

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

mine does too and i was hacked

Service Expert

Jane1111 wrote:

mine does too and i was hacked

google search shows oxuser is part of open exchange verified connection (logged in to comcast in this case). may be to stop un-logged in hosts from sending email 'as' us.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote: ... google search shows oxuser is part of open exchange verified connection ...

Where? I am unable to find this assertion.

... may be to stop un-logged in hosts from sending email 'as' us.

Doesn't "may be" suggest that you are guessing? Can't we get an reply from a Comcast employee who actually knows???

Contributor

Agree!

Contributor

Comcastl you sure as heck cut my complaint down to one liner by not posting it all which I felt was important. - OK I am going to start looking for a new company - I have been with you for 10 years and I never get answers to my question, even when I am in one of your stores with the "so called: Experts. Excuse me now as I have to go look for better and honest, helpful company!

Frequent Visitor

I've just noticed that I have the same extension on my primary email address.

Service Expert

All that indicates is that it's an open exchange address. It doesn't show up in any headers that I could find. All people will see and respond to is your normal username@comcast.net.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have this, too, BUT it is preventing me from sending mail on my iPad using the Web Mail interface - NOT the connect app. Every email gets an error saying the specified email is invalid - even when I try to send mail to myself or another family member on my account. When I cancel out of the error, a window pops up that says “Edit Mail account” followed by the outgoing server info with oxuser@comcast.net added after my email address. I might be able to understand there being this error IF I were using the Apple mail app or the Xfinity Connect app, but I am not - I am using WEB MAIL!

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation