Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

why do I keep getting "xfinity.com is not responding due to long running script?

New Poster

why do I keep getting "xfinity.com is not responding due to long running script?

I am using Windows 7 with IE11 and on the xfinity website and in my email I keep getting a message that says "xfinity.com is not responding due to long running script". I also sometimes get a message that xfinity.com is not responding, or it has stopped working and a windows message that says it will look for a solution. This has gotten much worse since the updated email version in comcast/xfinity. It can take lots of time just to delete a few emails or to move them to a folder. What is happening?

Frequent Visitor

Re: why do I keep getting "xfinity.com is not responding due to long running script?

I'm also using Win 7 and IE 11.   I don't get the "long running script" note.   But often, perhaps half the time,  have to log in twice to open email.

The first log in attempt often results in the three dots running, but nothing further. The second log in attempt usually works.

Ron