New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

where did my e-mail go?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

where did my e-mail go?

I've had my e-mail for years.  Used it earlier today and now can't get in to it.

Accepted Solution

Re: where did my e-mail go?

I called Comcast after 20 minutes on Chat with a rep who couldn't solve the problem.  I spent another 35 minutes with a nice rep who was back & forth with programmers  who said they had a lot of calls.  Supposedly it was because Comcast was upgrading the e-mail to prevent hackers from getting in and said it would be fixed within 24 hours.   Surprise, surprise!!  I tried my e-mail about 4 hours later and it was fixed.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Exactly what happens when you try to sign into the email?  Are you getting as far as the Inbox page or what?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem suddenly on my Iphone 5s.  Can send email but cannot receive any and not showing anyold  emails, although shows I have 1.4gb of mail storage.

Regular Visitor

I have had 7 ‘chats’ with various Comcast techs regarding the sudden disappearance of my MAIN Inbox on my Apple computer ( MAIL )each ’chat’ deepened the problems and caused even more issues while multiplying useless mail boxes…after EACH long long useless ‘chat ‘ I was finally promised ’Higher tech' would call..they never did...I’ve spent 3 days waiting for calls from 'higher tech' after countless hours of useless and DISTRUCTIVE ‘chating’ while having to repeat hours of personal info because the connection would cut out after receiving incorrect and harmful instructions In Each new ‘chat .I had to start all over !!...It’s unbelievable Comast does not keep a record or 'chain' of chats for the next tech if disconnected..needed to understand what has transpired…In my case the chats would disappear after a
confusing instruction from your so-call chat ‘tech’..while the many promised calls from’higher tech’ never happened…these incorrect solutions have completely messed up my entire MAIL program on my computer; incorrect solutions which have caused duplicates of several mail boxes. NOTHING goes WHERE IT BELONGS ; NOW MOST of my former valuable INBOX messages have disappeared completely while a few have been scattered into totally useless
newly 'tech' created segmented sub-boxes...!!I I have 3 or more full sets of useless sub-boxes ...I think a result of 'techs' trying to locate my original INBOX of the past 3 years. IT HAS has vanished fromthe COMCAST server. Needless to say I am beyond UPSET. Comcast as a service is about the worst I have ever encountered in my 75 years 
I am now left with a mail program with 99 scattered Mail boxes while incoming mail seems to end up in one of SEVERAL which makes retrieving any new messages next to impossible !!
Email Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

I called Comcast after 20 minutes on Chat with a rep who couldn't solve the problem.  I spent another 35 minutes with a nice rep who was back & forth with programmers  who said they had a lot of calls.  Supposedly it was because Comcast was upgrading the e-mail to prevent hackers from getting in and said it would be fixed within 24 hours.   Surprise, surprise!!  I tried my e-mail about 4 hours later and it was fixed.