members

online now

discussions

when signing into account on my xfinity page it goes to my account page

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

when signing into account on my xfinity page it goes to my account page

I am wondering if I am the only one experiencing this.  When I sign in to my account it normally goes back to the my xfinity page where I started.  But since Monday, it has been going to my account page that has my billing and stuff on it.  It does this for both my emails, on chrome and internet explorer, and different computers and devices.  I can still access my email and everthing, just goes to wrong page.  I spent two hours on the phone last night each time I explained this they asked what my question was. I have cleared browser history, cookies, and ran a full system virus scan.  I would just like to know if I am the only one. Or if anyone has any ideas how to get it from going to my account page.  If it keeps doing this I won't feel comfortable for privacy issue if I decide to log in in a public place.  

Accepted Solution

Re: when signing into account on my xfinity page it goes to my account page

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here.Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

You are not alone.  Appears to be a forced attempt at getting subscribers to enable automatic payment and paperless billing (at least in my case).  I refuse to do both so have to continue to manually connect to my desired page.

Now I'm off to try and fix my "new and improved" email so I can at least see the names of my folders.

Good Luck.

Rick

New Poster

Thank you.  I hope it stops or goes back.  They were making me feel like I was nuts.  One agent supposedly gave me the direct line to tech support (which I thought I was at) refused to let me hold when I said I didn't mind.  The number he gave me was to netflix.  I wasn't even being rude. Well not doing automatic payments.  They wouldn't like my pay date.

Email Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.  Also check in the browser settings to see what you have set for a home page.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here.Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

no need to do all this. Basically been told by comcast on phone that this is the new norm, that it is part of an update.  So clearly taking away the having to sign in to your account area for added security after you sign in to the my xfinity page is no longer needed. Because we all know how secure the internet is.  But I am no longer addressing this and have put it to rest.  It is not my computer, account, it is comcast taking away a level of security to either keep my bill in my face or make me sign up for automatic payments, get gmail so I have a non comcast email in case I forget my password.  Which I won't. But you all think I will.  Have a nice Thanksgiving. 

Email Expert

Thread is now closed

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.