Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

when email deleted on iphone it is deleted on server

Frequent Visitor

when email deleted on iphone it is deleted on server

I have iphone 5s (ios 8.1.3) and been happily reading comcast email as imap using native app and until recently had no problem. I can view and delete mail on iphone and at end of day, all the email was still on server and downloaded to home computer using outlook.   Without changing any settings on iphone, about 2 weeks ago, any email deleted on iphone is deleted from server and lost.  iphone still has my account set up as imap.   My deleted mailbox on iphone is set to "on my iphone".  I have deleted iphone account and set it up again and no difference.   My email acct on comcast is labeled as Comcast and is my primary acct.  Not sure what changed or how to change it back so that my email stays on server when i delete email from my iphone.

New Poster

Re: when email deleted on iphone it is deleted on server

I've been having the same issue!  It just started yesterday.  I've tried various settings, including changing where deleted messages are stored.  Today, I tried deleting the account and setting up as a POP account, but it doesn't give me the option.  Would appreciate some help from Comcast.

New Poster

Found a solution on another thread:

You will need to first delete your mail account and then On the phone:

Click "Settings"
- Click "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
- Click "Add Account"
- Click "Other"
- Click "Add Mail Account"
- Complete all the information needed (NOTE: please put a wrong password for it to give an option to select POP) then click "Next"
- Wait for it to verify the account
- You will get a pop up "Cannot Get Mail" then click "OK"
- Select "POP" tab

-Change incoming server to read: mail.comcast.net

-Add the correct password.

Frequent Visitor

JAguayo7  looks like it worked, great find

thanks

Email Expert
Moved: