Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

webmail search broken

Regular Visitor

webmail search broken

Hi there.  Just in the past couple days, apparently there has been an update to webmail.  I am now unable to search through my 500,000 mail messages.  Or rather, search only appears to search "loaded" messages (those that appear via the infinite scroll).

This occurs regardless of using chrome or IE.  Any advice or fix would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Tags (3)
Frequent Visitor

Re: webmail search broken

I am having exactly the same problem with no luck getting Comcast to fix it.  Would you let me know if you have any success?  Thanks, B

Regular Visitor

nope.  Comcast doesn't respond.  ever.

Gold Problem Solver

Have you tried searching by date, subject, From, & Subject?

ALL post back please.

To the person with 50,000 emails, what is your storage limit shows of useage?

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

I am not sure I understand "searching by date, subject, From, & Subject?".

On webmail, I have a single search box with a dropdown next to it allowing "mail" or "web", and then a single search button.

My email usage is 93% of 10 GB

New Poster

Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version? - Xfinity Connect - Full
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.) - No
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache? - Firefox/v40.03, Yes
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X - Win 7 Pro
Details of the problem you are having.  I can't search older emails to delete from my inbox or other folders.  It's like it's not finding anything from the server.  I'm using the basic searching rules to find what is loaded, Ex: ("Bobs SpeedShop" in:"Inbox" ) but it doesn't go anything deeper.  The most I am having is like a month or so old, or a limit is returned.

Frequent Visitor

@Joelsisk

I had the same difficulty as you. It seems to have happened to all affected on or about the same day.  The problem is with Comcast.  Somehow the search parameters were exceeded and reset to a new point (according to my Comcast expert).  My problem had to be bumped up to the highest level of support to the engineers who had to find the problem and change the code. It took about 2 weeks of them working on it, but I now can search my entire email database.  What I did to get help was to post on Comcast's facebook page.  The tech people who monitor FB promptly contacted me and was responsible for bumping me up to an email expert who interfaces with the actual engineers.  Oh, in the meantime, get rid of as many emails as you can.

New Poster

I'm using these rules but still only a small set returns:

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox/

I'm REALLY trying to clear out my folders from old email I won't read anymore, but I only get a few at a time when I know there is a LOT more to delete at once.