members

online now

discussions

webmail doesn't show me logged in

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

webmail doesn't show me logged in

Just wanted to point out that for the last year or so when I login to the Xfinity website and then click on the Envelope so I can check my mail, the top right corner of the screen shows me as a Guest.  The main page or the support page show me as a user logged in, but mail always shows Guest.

This makes it difficult to properly log out of the webmail application.

Could someone please take a look at this?  It's not that big of a deal but I don't like leaving my browser at work logged in.  I've attached two pictures for example so you can see exactly what I'm talking about.

This happens with Edge, Chrome, IE and Firefox so it's not browser specific.

Accepted Solution

Re: webmail doesn't show me logged in

The Guest thingy is a known, long running issue with the old email format.  Nothing is wrong with your account.  It's just annoying.  I doubt Comcast will spend any more resources trying to fix it since everyone at some point will be migrated to the new format, and it doesn't have that problem---------so far at any rate.

View answer in context
comcast1.PNG
comcast2.PNG
Email Expert

Re: webmail doesn't show me logged in

The Guest thingy is a known, long running issue with the old email format.  Nothing is wrong with your account.  It's just annoying.  I doubt Comcast will spend any more resources trying to fix it since everyone at some point will be migrated to the new format, and it doesn't have that problem---------so far at any rate.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon