New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

user name and email address

ANSWERED
New Poster

user name and email address

I changed my user name and it changed my email address, I've had that email address for 14 years and I need it back. it's only been a few days. I called in and the person I spoke with said they didn't have the tool to help me. Can anyone tell me how I go about getting help. Please and thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: user name and email address

Whenever you change or delete a user name, it is suspended for 90 days, after which it goes back into the pool of available IDs for any Comcast customer that want's to claim it.  However, it may be possible to reinstate it before that.  Call Comcast security and ask them-----------------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

View answer in context
Email Expert

Whenever you change or delete a user name, it is suspended for 90 days, after which it goes back into the pool of available IDs for any Comcast customer that want's to claim it.  However, it may be possible to reinstate it before that.  Call Comcast security and ask them-----------------------------

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I called comcast and they said they couldn't help me, they do not have that tool. They said someone from level 2 would call me back in 24 to 72 hours. Its been 36 and I have not heard from them yet. (I'm not sure what you said I should ask comcast, it seems to have been deleted). I ask them to release my old email address so I could put it back on my account. The first person I spoke with had NO CLUE. I spoke with his supervisor who said they would call me back.

Email Expert

OK first of all, it's not really deleted;  it's still running in the background.  You just can't get at it or see it right now.  If the first line reps don't know how to help, I'm going to escalate this to the forum admins to see if we can get some better traction on it.  You should hear back here in the forum from a Comcast employee.  It might take a day or two.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I heard back from level 2 today, they said they cannot help me and it will be available again in 3 months, they said the tool they used to release user names was taken away. Kevin (user id YOR7LQ) said he will send it to the national engineering group and they will now call me back in 72 hours. I so feel like I'm getting the run around.

Email Expert

OK I have double checked, and you should be able to get help with this from Comcast security.  You can call them at--------------------------

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Admin1

tamigonder -- Latoque has provided the correct contact information for what you're asking for. You would need to speak with our Security Assurance team to have this changed back. Please contact them instead of our regular call centers. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

I want to thank Latoque for the prompt and correct info. You have been most helpful in solving my problem. I called Seurity at the number you provided and spoke with Andrew who was also very helpful and polite. I have been working on this for a week, talking to so many people and within 5 minutes Andrew was able to fix my issue. I appreciate your time and attention.  Have a great day!