Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

usb not recognizing

Frequent Visitor

usb not recognizing

When I plug a device into a usb, I can't find it. I hear a tone. I updated all the drivers and the best ones are updated-What to do?

Service Expert

Re: usb not recognizing

ronche wrote:

When I plug a device into a usb, I can't find it. I hear a tone. I updated all the drivers and the best ones are updated-What to do?

What device are you plugging into the USB port?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Geek, I have plugged in a gps and firbit flash drive. I hear a tone ,but I can't find it. I can put a sd card asnd it shows up. I'm not very computer savey. Thanks for any help

Service Expert

ronche wrote:

Geek, I have plugged in a gps and firbit flash drive. I hear a tone ,but I can't find it. I can put a sd card asnd it shows up. I'm not very computer savey. Thanks for any help

For drives on a Microsoft Operating System, once you hear the "connection" tone, press the Microsoft "FLAG" and the E key together.  This will open up an Explorer window.  Look below your C: Drive for the Drive letters associated with your removable drives.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

geek, I looked under the os c drive and I don't see any removable drives. I clicked on drives under osc and I see nettwork-storage- system and video. I am sorry for being so dumb on this,but I do appreciate your trouble with me. I have a Dell desktop inspiron with windows 10. don't know if that has any bearing.

Service Expert

ronche wrote:

geek, I looked under the os c drive and I don't see any removable drives. I clicked on drives under osc and I see nettwork-storage- system and video. I am sorry for being so dumb on this,but I do appreciate your trouble with me. I have a Dell desktop inspiron with windows 10. don't know if that has any bearing.

Can you open the "Storage" icon?  Is there anything listed there?  Perhaps an unmounted volume?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon