Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

unwanted emails

New Poster

unwanted emails

I'm getting unwanted emails from the Tea Party. I've Unsubscribed 5 times, called Comcast to work on spam folder  and still get them. I even called Comcast again and got help to filter the emails out.  They couldn't be filtered out. I should have a right to choose and stop emails I don't want no matter where they come from. I am being bullied. Does anyone know a fix?

Email Expert

Re: unwanted emails

Do the words "Tea Party" appear consistently in the Sender email address, the Subject line, or in the body of the text portion of the message?  If so, you should be able to set up a filter to discard them before you ever see them.  What other criteria have you tried?  You can also start marking them as Spam, although it will take time to train the spam filters.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

"Tea Party" is in the sender's address. I've tried to filter it out. I received a message that this address can not be filtered. I receive 2 emails a day. I will continue to Spam them but just wondered how I get them, why even "UNSUBSCRIBED can't stop them and filter won't allow me to... but thanks for trying to help.

Email Expert

Cookie777 wrote:

"Tea Party" is in the sender's address. I've tried to filter it out. I received a message that this address can not be filtered. I receive 2 emails a day. ---------------------------

I have never heard of this before.  I just went into my own Preferences, and set up a filter  where "From:"   contains "Tea Party", and for an action I set it to send the messages to the Spam folder.  It worked.  It set the filter in my list.

Is the email address they are sending from always the same? Try using just the words "Tea Party" instead of the full email address.   Is there anything else consistent that appears in either the Subject line or in the body of the message you could use?

Also:  Using the "Unsubscribe" thingy in an unsolicited email is usually not a good idea.  If the messages are really spam, using it will only tell the sender your email address is active, and will generate more spam.  I'm curious----did you at one time give your email address to some organization that might have in turn given it to the Tea Party?  Or did the messages just start appearing out of the blue?  There are a lot of ways you could end up on mailing lists like this.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Thanks, Latoque. I did not give my email to any organization that I know of. I will try the filter method again. Also, I didn't know about the danger of "unsubscribing."  I appreciate the info. 

Tags (1)
Email Expert

Using "Unsubscribe" is fine if you are dealing with an organization you are familiar with, and that you may have contacted yourself.  But when you get the more obvious junk emails, I would just delete them.  You may find this interesting---------------

http://ask-leo.com/im_drowning_in_spam_what_can_i_do.html

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon