Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

unresponsive script

New Poster

unresponsive script

hello, I keep getting the message; unresponsive script:http://xifinity.com/adframe/home/x31:0. I recently upgraded to windows 10. Is there a solution to getting this error off my pc?

It just keeps freezing everything I am reading or watching in my email I have been trying for several days, spending hours trying to find an answer and I cant find anyone who is answering thie problem. I am so confused and irrated at this point. ugh

New Poster

Re: unresponsive script

My husband and I have been having the same issue. Are you using Firefox browser ? I was wondering if that is what is causing it.

New Poster

hi nibor58, yes I am using Firefox -- and I just got it while typing this     cant seem to find a fix

Regular Visitor

I have been having this very same script error for months with Firefox; so I switched to Google Chrome....same problem. Then I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10....same problem. I finally got on the phone to Comcast this morning...cleared out cookies and cache in Firefox at Tech support's suggestion.....an hour later I had the same problem. 2nd Tech support guy had me reset Firefox to its default settings...same problem.

So, they finally agreed to fill out a Repair Ticket # CR600112860 on 6/16/16 11:04am EDT - I also STRONGLY suggested that someone from Comcast take responsibility to monitor their OWN Forum to help people with this problem....and the many other problems that their customers are experiencing...otherwise, why have a darn Comcast Forum at all!.

Please help me to blast Comcast for not  addressing customers' problems. Call them and insist that they monitor this Forum every day and do something to help us!

They are so slow and inefficient...it just makes me sick!

New Poster

i keep getting http// my xfinity com /adframe/ home /x31:00 please help.

Service Expert

If you're experiencing problems with advertising on pages you visit you might consider trying Adblock Plus. It is available for all major browsers.

This should help with that script error.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I found a simple workaround: dont let xfinity run scripts on their webpages-blacklist them. I use the YesScript addon for Firefox and it seems to be working: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/yesscript/

New Poster

I have the same problem with script erros. I'm using the latest version of firefox ver 48.0.2. What I did to stop the script errors was switch my home page, I was using my.xfinity,com as my home page. After switching It's been 2 days and no more script errors.  I then went back to the xfinity home page and the script errors started appearing again. Comcast needs to fix thier home page. The script error that I keep getting is:    my.xfinity,com/adframe/home/x3:10

New Poster

Script: http://my.xfinity.com/adframe/home/x31:0  .    I keep getting the unresponsive script message + the message "

"Script: http://my.xfinity.com/adframe/home/x31:0"

Why can't the company fix this?????    I will be so glad wwhen my contract expires....never to return,

Regular Visitor

They don't really give a ratsass about the customer. "Just send us money and go away." This has gone on for months and they have done nothing. Guess we need to check on that ticket number above and raise helll.

"Hello Century Link? I need internet service as I'm fed up with the bs at Comcast. They have no clue how to run and ISP."

Regular Visitor

Thanks Mavrick! The addon seams to be working. Now to try and get rid of the ads they have taken over the home page AND my email with.

edit: The black list addon is causing the radio button to go to my email not to show. :-(  That's the bad news. Had to take the home page off the black list. The good news is that the ad blocker works great! "Thanks Again...again" With it running the camcast home page hasn't locked up once when going into my email and it blocked 6 of 214 223 ads so far.