Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

unable to send email

New Poster

unable to send email

Effective this pm (11/4/2017), receive message stating email message cannot be sent.  here is a sample: 

Message could not be sent to the following recipients:   (recipient removed by me)    (550 - 550 5.1.0 Authentication required

I have tried to send to several contacts, all get the same message.
Email Expert

Re: unable to send email

As a test try sending emails to those same people using another non-Comcast account you may have such as Yahoo or Gmail or something like that. Do those emails get through OK? The 550 error series normally means something is wrong with the recipient's email address.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: unable to send email

The Comcast/Xfinity email system was down which caused the problem, not the destination address.  Thank you for your response, it is good to know that someone was reading my post.  The system came back up within a few hours and has not gone down since.  I suspect the C/X system was being revamped or upgraded and therefore unavailable to their customers during that time as others posted a similar problem.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation