Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

unable to load xfinity connect with firefox

Frequent Visitor

unable to load xfinity connect with firefox

As most of you already know, Xfinity connect, both My Account and the email server have been having issues since last Summer's "upgrades".   During the past 2 months, starting from Feb 2018,  there have been many outages on both the internet and the email server almost every few days.

My location is South Florida.  Our area has been in the Red or Yellow zones on many down / outage detection sites for the past 2 months.  Pathetic services even when it is up the speed is very slow.

The latest problem is, even the internet is up, and the mail server is up,  Firefox (the latest versions) CANNOT access it.  It started with very slow trying to access, to now each time I tried to use Firefox to access,  Firefox just locked up and crashed. 

Chrome right now is able to access albeit slower than usual.

I notice now there is an AD on the log in screen for the mail server - that Ad changes from hawking a mortgage, to hawking a new car to hawking something else.  That Ad is NOT there a few weeks ago.  I suspect it is this Ad that has caused the block down of Firefox,  EVEN THOUGH I DISABLE THE AD BLOCKER for Xfinity all sites.  It does not help.  Firefox used to try to connect, displayed the message of something is slowing down the connection, choose to stop it or to wait.  But now it just locked up and then stopped responding, crashed.

If anybody knows how to fix the issue, i.e. Firefox can access Xfinity connect without being locked up or crask, I truly appreciate your help.

I dont think Xfinity users should be forced to view the Ads, and worse, such Ads have causing issues to connect to the Xfinity connect mail server.

It is so sad that Xfinity is the monopoly provider in our area and we have to put up with all the outages, unable to function properly, and unwanted Ads push to our ways so much so to cause connection issues.

Valued Contributor

Re: unable to load xfinity connect with firefox

I use Firefox, and haven't had any problems.

Frequent Visitor

what version of firefox you used?  What is your security setting?

The last 3 vesions gave me the same issues.

May be the security setting I need to change, as I dont allow tracking.  

Valued Contributor

Using current version, 59.0.1. I had Tracking Protection set on only in private windows. I just changed it to always, and email still works fine either way. Here's my settings under Security:

ff security.JPG

Frequent Visitor

Humm

I have it set the same.  My firefox continues to act up.  I wonder where it might be the issues.

Service Expert

I am using the latest version of FF on Win 8.1 and have no problem whatsoever.  Quite a while back I switched from AdBlock Plus to uBlock Origin. 

I would say delete all of your cookies and cache and try again.  Yes, the Inbox is slow to load - for whatever reason.

Personally, I don't use webmail unless I'm looking how to do something for someone; I use Thunderbird for my mail client.  I have more control over my email, more options, and I use the calendar for all my appointments, etc.  Of course, this is MY preference, but, then again, I also have 12 separate emails set up in Thunderbird which allows me to access them all in one place.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

My OS is also Window 8.1.

I will look into the other Ad blocker as well as the Thunderbird email client later when I have more time in May.

Long time ago I have Gmails pulls all Comcast incoming emails to Gmail because when travelling it is much easier to access Gmail than the bloated Comcast email server especially in the old days (forgot the name back then, it was very bloated).  Very often, Gmail shows an incoming email sent to Comcast while Comcast did not show it at all or took forever to show it.

The latest issue is Budget Rent a Car confirmation email never reaches Comcast.  But I believe this is Budget's own problem rather than Comcast problem.  Though this morning RyanAir chat rep sent an email to my Comcast address that is the email in the RyanAir profiole,  I did not get it on my computer logged in the Comcast server but Gmail was able to retrieve from Comcast.

Have a very long trip starting in less than 2 weeks so I would put the computer-related issues at the back burner now as my experiences have been it takes a long time to trouble shoot and fix whatever issues found causing problems.

Thanks a lot with y'all inputs.  I will survive with Chrome for the time being.  It is added inconvenience to have to open 2 browsers.  

Service Expert

Confirmation emails are a real problem with Comcast, for whatever reason.  I suggest not using Comcast email for these kinds of confirmations.  FWIW, Gmail is my primary email for those reasons.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Got it.  

I only wish Gmail has enough sort functions.  I like the Sort by "from" function in Outlook and Comcast. I dont seem to find this option to sort in Gmail.  It also took me a long while to figure out how to disable the "conversation" chain, which I find it very inconvenient when one needs to file emails into different folders.

Frequent Visitor

Mysteriously the Firefox version 59.0.1 that was giving me problems 2 days ago was functioning normally since late afternoon yesterday.  I dont believe it is Firefox issues but more like the Comcast connection issues with my area as the whole South FL has been in Red zone on the various site down detection maps.  Somehow the Firefox no longer tries to load all the junks Xfinity tries to push down us.  Instad Firefox gives it a BLACK screen on the spaces those Ad frames used to show.   I did not use Ad Block.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation