Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

turn off email preloading

New Poster

turn off email preloading

seems to me i saw something about this the first time the updated app appeared on my phone, but i can't find it now,  i would like to turn off email preloading not just in my phone, but in the browser on my laptop.  it is kind of annoying to have to look at emails that i am selecting to be deleted and it is really annoying when i'm somewhere with low bandwidth.

thanks.

Email Expert

Re: turn off email preloading

I don't know what app you're using on a phone, but on the laptop, instead of selecting the message by tapping it, just check the box to the left of it.  That will select it without opening it, and you can then just delete it.  Or as many as you like.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: turn off email preloading

In the Comcast email browser app there is a black bar running across the top of the screen.  Click it on the right side (to the right of the '?'.  This will bring you to the "Mail Settings" page.  The second option under "Display" is "Allow pre-loading of externally linked images."  Is that what you're looking for?

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation